Board logo

Most famous person you have met?
stephen_gusterson - 10/5/05 at 09:25 PM

to count, you must have spoken to em, not just seen em walk by or been in the crowd.

My list isnt amazing........ andy green and richard noble, mark blundell, alain menu, the blonde from pans people (babs lord) and judith hann from tomorrows world.

you must be able to better that!

atb

steve

Tim 45 - 10/5/05 at 09:28 PM

embrace,
meet and greet at the manchester academy, won a radi competition!

Spottty - 10/5/05 at 09:32 PM

Courtney Hansen from Overhaulin (I dont know if you have that)
and Cooter from Dukes of Hazard (the show, not the movie coming out)

Pretty lame huh!

Northy - 10/5/05 at 09:34 PM

Former F1 World Champion Damon Hill

Dillinger1977 - 10/5/05 at 09:37 PM

while drunk in a newcastle nightclub I once told a fella at the bar he looked like a fatter version of Paul Gascgoigne. Then i spotted his drinking buddy 'five bellies'

He didnt seem to take it that bad, this was at the height of his depression when he was drinking for england instead of playing for england and he was pretty out of it. maybe I contributed in some small way, who knows

JoelP - 10/5/05 at 09:37 PM

Jimmy saville - he's such a twat

Mansfield - 10/5/05 at 09:44 PM

Lionel Blair - in a Boots store in Norwich.

subk2002 - 10/5/05 at 09:56 PM

Keith duffy from cori

robinbastd - 10/5/05 at 09:57 PM

Harold Wilson,Pat Phoenix (Elsie Tanner) Tony Booth,Bono,Siouxsie Sioux and there's someone else but I'm having a slightly senior moment.

Ian

Triton - 10/5/05 at 09:58 PM

Had a slanging match over the phone with a certain bloke who wrote a certain book about building cars for 20p if that counts

swood - 10/5/05 at 09:59 PM

Mine has to be George Michael, & Peter Gabriel, I work for a seating company & Peter had a special unit installed in his studio in London, so met him several times but walked down the unit one day & there was George, looked unreal, not a hair out of place, made up & everything, I said oh, hello & he smiled & said Hi how are you !
Also in my younger days my wife & I got on stage with Noel Edmonds when he did road shows - shows my age - nice bloke though

Triton - 10/5/05 at 10:01 PM

Sooty's arse extension.....what ever his name was.
Timothy summat from Aufweidsen pet...sound bloke.
Noricke Abe...mad jap bike racer.
Murray Walker as he almost knocked me arse over tit at Silverstone in 1984

Triton - 10/5/05 at 10:03 PM

Ian.......you left one out........Me

robinbastd - 10/5/05 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Ian.......you left one out........Me

Like I said I was having a senior moment.
So I'll say it loud and clear for all to hear.

I HAVE MET MARK FROM TRITON.

Happy?

Triton - 10/5/05 at 10:08 PM

Met Kylie......but then i woke up and was pissed off it was all a dream

stephen_gusterson - 10/5/05 at 10:12 PM

my boss claims to have slept in kylies bed.

turns out he had the room in a hotel up north she was based in while she did concerts.

sadly for him, not at the same time!

atb

steve

Volvorsport - 10/5/05 at 10:14 PM

Jim garner from the rockford files while in ulverston, at a (bloody cant think off it , two comedian type do daas )

jackie stewart,
david coulthard , who nearly nocked me over on his scooter with two birds on his back ( un mentionable reply)

will hoy
alain menu
a couple of politicians .

tiff needell , and ive been on telly 3-4 times meself when we were gt racing .

so no not really anybody famous

paulbeyer - 10/5/05 at 10:19 PM

Partied hard with the Vapors and the Cure when they were staying at the same hotel in Melbourne back in the early 80's.
Gate crashed a promo party held for Grace Jones and chased out by the nasty woman herself.
Spent 2 days with Eddie Jordan on a yacht in Cannes harbour.
Fred West.
Rosemary West.
But bestest of all went 10 pin bowling with madness and 3 sound checks and guest at 3 of their concerts.

steve m - 10/5/05 at 10:31 PM

Richard Branson on several occasions

Roger daltry (in a lift in los angeles)

Robson green spoke to me at Newlands last year

George Harrison at a friends gig back in the 80's

steve

shortie - 10/5/05 at 10:50 PM

Played footie in the same team as Dennis Wise and against Ian Walker when he was at Tottenham.

liam.mccaffrey - 10/5/05 at 10:56 PM

loads of snooker players (at a charity tounament) Marc Williams gave me 15p tip when i was a hotdog salesman. My Dad fitted Terry Griffiths kitchen.

loads of welsh rugby players and athletics people Linford Christie Darren Cambell

Neil Morrisey

Elvis Costello

The Chuckle Brothers

Geoff Capes

Peter Snow

Nothing awesome though

[Edited on 10/5/05 by liam.mccaffrey]

Hellfire - 10/5/05 at 11:00 PM

Phil Jupitus (and girlfriend)
Stephen Hendry
Kevin Keegan
Crazy horse - Mr Emlyn Hughes (RIP)
Daniel Radcliffe (aka Harry Potter) and the twins from the same movie.
Mike Harding (Comic... allegedly)
Lord Archer (TW4T)
Martin Clunes (last week) - jees, he's big!

That's about it I reckon

tri - 10/5/05 at 11:05 PM

mine would prob be all of the people in the band "The Holiday Plan" they a smallish band but they realy cool and were on one of mtv's many "rip off" band things (their words not mine) and my mates met BAM from jackass when i was getting pierced last summer if thats counts

Tri

jonbeedle - 10/5/05 at 11:08 PM

Played a gig at Gordon Ramsey's house, a surprise party for his wife. DJ Foxy was there and Al Murray and the poofy geezer from the film 'Notting Hill' who worked in the book shop with Hugh Grant. Had a few beers and a glass or two of shampoo with Gordon in his kitchen, he's a lovely guy, quite shy. Also gigged with Don Airey (keyboard player with all the big 80's 'big hair' rock bands, currently with Deep Purple). Had a nice chat with Charlie Dimmock from Groundforce at a hotel in Southampton. She was there with Bob Holness from Blockbuster ( I asked him if I could "have a 'P' please Bob.."....bet he hasn't heard that before... yawn!) Gigged with Tony Hadley at the Grand in Brighton, Joe Brown in Cambridge and Alan Price in Cambridge. Had breakfast with Roger Whittaker (when I used to service his aeroplane). Had tea and biscuits with Max Bygraves, John Pertwee and the Glitter Band all on seperate occasions on a kids radio show when I was 11. Met John Leslie before he fell from grace when he did a charity auction at a gig I was doing. I've met Frank Carson a few times on gigs and he's always pissed, I met all the members of Level 42 after a gig at Wembley. I have met so many famous people that I'm going to stop boring you all but the best one was Christopher Reeve who played Superman (of course). I serviced his private plane, I think it was around the time of the original Superman movie and I told him that I was dissappointed that he needed a plane to fly in real life. He thought it was funny and gave me a packet of biscuits! A very nice chap, very quiet and unassuming. When he turned up at the hangar we thought he was a delivery driver! The silly bints in accounts heard he was around and tried to catch him as he was about to taxi his plane to the runway! He was a nice guy.
There's more but that will do! Sorry if I bored you all.
Cheers
Jon

Avoneer - 10/5/05 at 11:09 PM

Went to school with Ryan Giggs, got a cheque and had a conversation with Carl Cox, talked to Kelly Lorenna and used to hang around with Corries own Tyrone's brother.
Brother-in-law is also a pro snowboarder and has been in loads of vids jumping out of helicopters on the top of mountains and stuff and once was the highest jumper at Tamworth.
Oh, and my great uncle used to be a top "artist" and was the support act for Houdini.
Pat...

jonbeedle - 10/5/05 at 11:14 PM

Oh I forgot, Duke of Edinborough when he came on a tour to our factory and Terry Scott, RIP, (from Terry and June and various carry on films) was my cousin. Oh yeah and my cousin Ashley Beedle had a number one hit with 'Lazy' which he co- wrote and produced with his mate David Byrne from Talking Heads who actually sung it.
Cheers
Jon

Volvorsport - 10/5/05 at 11:32 PM

it all comes out of the woodwork now !!

My uncles band was the support band for the beatles at nelson imperial dance hall (way back when)

altho i dont wanna admit it , a few welsh rugby players from the late 90s era in swanseas top niteclub ritzys .

[Edited on 10/5/05 by Volvorsport]

Jasper - 11/5/05 at 07:12 AM

I worked for a 'celebrity' video production company and also was a freelance video and stills paparazzi for a while - so here goes:

Princess Diana
Cher
Rachael Weiz - the most beautiful of all of them - and the rest of 'The Mummy' cast
Richard Gere
Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant (and Liz Hurley) and rest of 'Notting Hill' cast
Inxs - when Hutchins was alive with Geldoffs ex - oh - and Geldoff
Jeff Goldblum
Both Liam and Noel Gallagher
Patsy Kensit - she accused me of assault and I spent 8 hours in a Marlybone police cell
Eric Clapton
Ringo Star
Elton John
Various unremebered boy bands
Joanna Lumley
Jordan - clipped a mic to her unexpanded chest!
One of the celebrity Playboy girls, can't remeber her name
Loads of B-list English TV people, forgotten more than I can remember

Missed out on meeting Kylie as I was ill - gutted!

And the list goes on and on....

NS Dev - 11/5/05 at 07:44 AM

Not many at all! I must have led a sheltered life too, but curiously, like Stephen Gusterton, I have met Richard Noble.

Other than that, John Cleland and a few politicians who I really can't be bothered to name!

Browser - 11/5/05 at 07:47 AM

Kenneth Baker (former MP), and he's just as much of a slimebag in real life as on TV.
Spoke briefly to the late Kieth Odor at Donnington as he signed my race program, seemed a nice lad.
That's about it really.

escary - 11/5/05 at 07:58 AM

not a big glamerous list

but good guys all the same

Steve Hyslop R.I.P.

Neil MacKenzie

indykid - 11/5/05 at 07:59 AM

barry sheavills, he seemed nice enough
jim bowen, top guy, met him when we went to see through the key hole being filmed, and also tamara beckwith who seemed more interestred to bugger off, but said hello as she went past. thought i might meet richard burns as well, but he did his bit as a video clip, since he was in andorra iirc.

steve murty on various occasions at drag racing and such like

richard whiteley who is a glorious w*nk*r, incase you hadnt guessed. he loves himself, but is about as funny as aids.
carol vorderman is a really nice person, much less annoying to talk to than in her various adverts. i had to appologise to her, on the countdown set for saying she had a fat arse as she walked through the foyer at ytv. oooops. she took it in good humour though, and she ended up talking to us for about 10 mins. i met jim bowen again that time at countdown - can he not get much work these days?

oh and i've met pat, carl and vintagebuilder to name but a few. stand up fellas they are too
tom

NS Dev - 11/5/05 at 09:16 AM

Ahhhh, just thought, my crappy memory is failing me again! I met Richard Burns and most of the Pug rally team in a Hotel in Gap the day before the start of the 2003 Monte Carlo Rally.

I also shook hands with Sebastian Loeb, whilst he educated us on the correct pronunciation of his name!!! (he is a really friendly and unpretensious chap!)

Also watched that psycho french team mate of his whose name I have forgotten climb from his terminally wrecked citroen xsara WRC on a stage that year too! (oh yes, remembered the name Phillipe Bugalski!)

Got an autograph from Colin McRae too!

donut - 11/5/05 at 11:08 AM

Ooooh erm..... Stephen Fry, very nice bloke who spends far too much in HMV!!

Gary Numan

Geoff Capes

The Queen waved at me once Long story!

DaveFJ - 11/5/05 at 11:14 AM

Been inspected (on parade) by Phil the Greek

that's about it!

ned - 11/5/05 at 11:32 AM

um, i think jasper wins though i did have a chat with jeremy clarkson about caterhams once if that counts ...

marcyboy - 11/5/05 at 11:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by donut
Ooooh erm..... Stephen Fry, very nice bloke who spends far too much in HMV!!

Gary Numan

Geoff Capes

The Queen waved at me once Long story!

she wasn't waving to you...!!!.
she'd farted and was trying to wooft it your way

DavidM - 11/5/05 at 12:00 PM

Graham Hill in the paddock at Silverstone in 1971. Signed my programme and showed me round his car.

Thems were the days.

David

Alan B - 11/5/05 at 12:07 PM

Prince Andrew
Nicki Lauda
James Hunt
plus others

Benzine - 11/5/05 at 12:26 PM

When I was about 5, I sat next to Vinnie Jones on an airport minibus. He told me I had a nice teddy bear

MikeR - 11/5/05 at 12:47 PM

well i once met Noel Edmonds as he opened a shop in Wigan........

errm, the people who star in Tap Dogs (whilst my female friends tried to chat them up - very funny)

Almost got to meet Tony Blair and John Prescott last week before the election with the press in tow, but due to some else not doing something it didn't happen ( quite fancied being on the front of the papers!

errm....... must have met some more,

Hanna Gordon and some other famous bloke. Errm, other B list celebs (my mum used to help organise an arts festival)

ok, i lose

NS Dev - 11/5/05 at 12:57 PM

You'll remember more!!! I thought nobody at first and more keep coming to me!

woodster - 11/5/05 at 02:26 PM

The Bass player out of the Kaiser Chiefs in a hotel bar in New York on a recent stag do ........................ what a banker

David Jenkins - 11/5/05 at 02:29 PM

Well, I did stand close to Muhammed Ali ages ago - didn't talk to him though - what a huge bloke he was!

David

ayoungman - 11/5/05 at 02:38 PM

Only a few minor celebs myself.

jimmy saville, jimmy sommerville, Max Wall and David Sainsbury, oh and a couple of royals.

jambojeef - 11/5/05 at 03:57 PM

John Nettles

I rest my case

spunky - 11/5/05 at 04:16 PM

Cant compete with Jasper's list, but did get pissed with Lemmy in an LA nightclub, and had a big falling out with New Kids on The block the same night. (great night)
Had a beer with Frankie Chilli at Brands, top bloke.
various other bike racers, the most noteable the late, great Mr Sheene.

John

Metal Hippy - 11/5/05 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by liam.mccaffrey
The Chuckle Brothers

You rule.

Jack Brabham
John Surtees
Jimmy Saville
VBH
Tiff Needell
Penelope Pitstop (she'd get it)
Nick mason
The Barron Knights
Alex Wurz
Jamie Baulch

I'm sure there's more.

Bored now though.

theconrodkid - 11/5/05 at 05:23 PM

called wogan a wanker (cos he is)nicky horne gave me a couple of albums,jenny hanley is soooooo cute,patrick tambay was a real nice guy,bought mike read a pint and slept with someone who went to school with KEITH MOON
oh and princess anne tried to ride her nag over my dog,i called her a sdupid cow

[Edited on 11/5/05 by theconrodkid]

Danozeman - 11/5/05 at 05:48 PM

Iv led a sheltered life to. Ive met the chuckle brothers at a show and Dev from corie when i q'd next to him in a beer tent at the queens jubilee thig..

Oh yeah i saw Ian Lavender in the cattle market car park in bury pulling the same funny face he does in eastenders..

bob - 11/5/05 at 06:22 PM

List is too long as i worked in the film industry for a bit,top people were michael caine,john thaw and the luvly amanda redmond when she was just a slip of a girl.

Spent a test day with Jordan F1 in 1994 at silverstone,met all the runners and riders except ferari and pacific,eddie irvine is not as bad as people say he's cool bloke actually.
Damon was the top bloke there,also met a very smug german too.

Shame it was few weeks after senna's death,everyone was still reflecting on that.

stephen_gusterson - 11/5/05 at 06:35 PM

jenny handley ex of magpie? she was my crush in my teens. Looks a bit weather worn now.

I agree with jasper - rachel weiss is top totty.

atb

steve

quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
called wogan a wanker (cos he is)nicky horne gave me a couple of albums,jenny hanley is soooooo cute,patrick tambay was a real nice guy,bought mike read a pint and slept with someone who went to school with KEITH MOON
oh and princess anne tried to ride her nag over my dog,i called her a sdupid cow

[Edited on 11/5/05 by theconrodkid]

shades - 11/5/05 at 06:37 PM

Saw Terry Nutkins on a plane to inverness once...

Mark Allanson - 11/5/05 at 06:39 PM

I was at Dartmouth College with Prince Andrew, was in sweepers when Charles was captain of HMS Bronington. Met Charles with Diana just after the royal wedding at Oporto airport in 1981.

I have repaired Andrew Ridgleys Audi A4 Avant (you know, the quiet one in Wham!). Kilroy stayed at my Mums B&B when he was a labour MP (70's), Served Frankie Howard with a double quadruple gin & tonic when the bar manager at a Somerset Country Club...

rusty nuts - 11/5/05 at 07:31 PM

Micheala Strachan? when she did a tandem jump Lewis Collins at a DZ several times the guy that played Terry Duckworth in corrie ,Rolph Harris, when I was a kid my dad helped him move house Noddy Holder and the rest of Slade . Tried to get Mike Reed to do a parachute jump , thought him a prairie hat . Gayle Thackery page three girl . Jack Higgins the author in Jersey , met him in a bar a was talking to him for some time but didn't know who he was at the time

Noodle - 11/5/05 at 08:21 PM

Miss Diane from Crossroads (the 'old' one) nearly ran me over in Birmingham once.

Top that.

Wadders - 11/5/05 at 10:08 PM

chrisg

only the pope can top that

respect

robinbastd - 11/5/05 at 10:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
chrisg

respect

But at least a pope has been spotted in recent times.

zilspeed - 11/5/05 at 10:20 PM

Can I say that I gigged with the last Pope ?

When he visited Glasgow, I was one of the musicians.

I've led a verryyyyyyy sheltered life - not met many famous people at all. I have met some heros though, but most of them have been local heros if that doesn't sound too corny.

Wadders - 11/5/05 at 10:32 PM

It all adds to the mystery, glamour and intrigue....think Lord Lucan, Sheergar, Glen Miller.

But at least a pope has been spotted in recent times.

DarrenW - 12/5/05 at 01:14 PM

Cathy Rogers and Robert Llewellyn (or what ever his surname is!) from Scrapheap Challenge. I guess Nosher became a celebrity for a short while as well.

jollygreengiant - 12/5/05 at 07:12 PM

My mum & dad used to cook fish 'n' chips for Leslie Crowther on a regular basis when they had the Fisn & Chip shop in Felpham ( I used to prep the Chips), then I bumped in to him while waiting for a passenger at Heathrow. so I talked to him & his Family for family for half an hour.

More recently I had a couple of Ch*ls*a footballers in the back of my car & took them to Bedford.

Enjoy.

stephen_gusterson - 12/5/05 at 09:35 PM

which ones ?

u2u me if too embarrassed to admit

atb

steve

johnston - 14/5/05 at 11:32 PM

terry harryman ari vatenan's co driver

quite funny to be sittin in a pub wit rally men talkin bout their big offs in mk2 escys on the donegal and killarney inters and terry joining in wit that was like me and ari on the monte in the t16

and a possible star of the future matthew wilson tellim us how he loved the irish stages and lookin forward to the next day cos " there quick, f**kin great" he continued on the next day only to reverse down a 50ft cliff

Cita - 15/5/05 at 05:11 AM

Stanneke De Groot,
I think non of you will know him as he's the local plumber

chrisg - 26/5/05 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Wadders
chrisg

respect

That Chrisg, He's dead isn't he?

[Edited on 26/5/05 by chrisg]

ned - 26/5/05 at 06:48 PM

bob - 26/5/05 at 07:06 PM

I've kinda missed him

JoelP - 26/5/05 at 07:07 PM

nah, dont be daft...

Peteff - 26/5/05 at 09:32 PM

Just been watching and I realised I met many of the groups on there. They made me feel really old .

Liam - 27/5/05 at 01:53 PM

Damn you hippy!! VBH!!

Christian Bale (filming batman at the hangars where i work. Got his autograph for my sister too. Saw Katie Holmes but didn't get to say hello)

Ruby Wax

David Essex (outside studio for Ruby Wax show - very friendly chap)

Grottbags!!! (Just as scary in real life even if she wasn't dressed as a witch)

Jeremy Clarkson's annoying sidekick (filming new focus release for top gear at the hangars - actually very nice in real life and really wanted to use my mates mint MK1 escort for the magazine article to show the evolution up to the new focus, but the editor said it was too sporty (was an RS) to be compared to the focus!

Ummm...

Richard Herring (of Lee and Herring fame after gig in Oxford. Very cool guy!)

Ruben from cool band Ladytron (unfortunately not Helen and Mira)

Oh yeah...

Peter Snow (we saw him a few times on holiday in Ireland when i was young)

Oh and i've met Jasper too which must count for something.

Liam

[Edited on 27/5/05 by Liam]

jestre - 27/5/05 at 02:07 PM

I have met and talked to George Wendt. He was Norm on "Cheers" and has been in a few movies.