Board logo

bonjour..........
Graceland - 11/7/05 at 08:37 PM

long time since i delved into these parts of the internet

i notice some familiar faces are still floating about, and i should be more often too now

so whats happened then? ummmm........breif rundown.

the original build - sold to me best mates dad, and it hasn't progressed at all, which is slightly upsetting.

the 2nd one - the chassis i made was too wide for my needs, however, it went to a good home

and now, i hear you ask - the bug has firmly bitten me - and another build will be started VERY soon

why you ask? well, a new job (i started over a year ago so not that new) has left me with more money, more time and more disposable income - most of which is ploughed into my dream car at the moment, a 1993 Sapphire Cosworth

but i'm still lusting after a project, and with the time and space, and money been available, i will be able to do it

so whats the plan?

mc sorely standard size chassis again, but instead of using any old pinto, i will be utilising a cosworth power plant (NO, i am not breaking my beloved) which will come in 2wd form - should be interesting, getting everything down on paper at the moment and costing it all out, and budgeting for £5000 - and that includes buying the donor car - is going to be tight

so yes, i aint dead, altho one member on here may wish i was and its good to see that everyones projects are coming along really well and that so many have been sva'd and have been rolled out onto the summer roads for all to see

rusty nuts - 11/7/05 at 08:40 PM

Welcome back.

donut - 11/7/05 at 08:52 PM

I thought i recognised that avater!

Welcome back

They all return eventually...... i did!

Hellfire - 11/7/05 at 08:58 PM

Hello again... Surely knowone wishes anyone was dead That's very harsh!

[Edited on 11-7-05 by Hellfire]

Graceland - 11/7/05 at 09:07 PM

probably not, but an issue with an engine a while ago.....nevermind

have you got anymore pics of your IRS - i'm in a dilemma about using irs, de-dion or a sierra rear beam for this build......

[Edited on 11-7-05 by Graceland]

mangogrooveworkshop - 11/7/05 at 10:06 PM

Welcome back

bob - 11/7/05 at 10:51 PM

ditto

Mr G - 11/7/05 at 11:09 PM

Hi Paul,

I don't really post much on passion ford and the last time I visited interford was a while ago now

Your best option is de-dion for the rear tbh.I only recently posted a link to the site with the de-dion axle home made assembly diagrams.

Won't it be cheaper to pick up an engine/gearbox from North Yorks RS spares than a whole donor?

Thats the way i'd do it as i've already contacted him for a quote for just all the necessary engine side bits - none of the other items need to be rs specific.

get that website updated

Cheers

G

I love speed :-P - 12/7/05 at 07:15 AM

welcome back, and will the garage webcam, be back in action

ned - 12/7/05 at 09:24 AM

with the cossie lump make sure you build the tranny tunnel round the gearbox, a t5 won't fit the standard tunnel.

Ned.

James - 12/7/05 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Graceland
or a sierra rear beam for this build......

[Edited on 11-7-05 by Graceland]

Fok dat!

Please don't even think of ruining a potentially nice car with that heavy, ugly, hard to mount piece of crap.
Easiest option is a De Dion axle from GTS or MK.

Welcome back!

James

Fozzie - 12/7/05 at 10:43 AM

Welcome back Paul...

Fozzie

Graceland - 12/7/05 at 02:12 PM

yoooooo people

right - de-dion as per whats been said

Paul @ NY is a good mate of mine, he's helped me a shedload, so will just buy a complete car thats a bit ropey with a good engine, take what i need and let him have the rest - should be good

and bonjour to everyone once again

steve_gus - 13/7/05 at 09:42 PM

welcome back.

some of the newbies might appreciate a link that explains where your avatar came from

http://www.atomfilms.com/af/content/atom_412

totally NOT WORK SAFE but funny anyway

atb

steve

[Edited on 13/7/05 by steve_gus]