Board logo

SA's fastest barstool.
Fred W B - 7/8/06 at 11:02 AM

Taking inspiration from Jeeby_man's avatar, I built this. This weekend I went for a test spin round the neighbourhood and it goes very well, although the handling could be described as twitchy with definent understeer on turn in.

It still needs to come apart again for paint and chrome and some other details.

The frame is a discarded kart chassis I was given, which I narrowed and shortened. The Honda 200 cc motor and rear axle are as used in indoor karts. Wheels and some other bits I had lying around the garage. I had to buy industrial sprockets and chain. The barstool I bought at a supermarket and the steering wheel from a local "go faster" shop.

Cheers

Fred W B

bs1
bs1

Fred W B - 7/8/06 at 11:04 AM

bs2
bs2

graememk - 7/8/06 at 11:05 AM

i want one

Fred W B - 7/8/06 at 11:07 AM

bs3
bs3

RazMan - 7/8/06 at 11:36 AM

Very nice! .......... but no cup (beer) holders?

James - 7/8/06 at 12:05 PM

Very cool.

Are you not a bit worried about the high centre of gravity meaning you're going to get a facefull of gravel at some point?

Cheers,
James

David Jenkins - 7/8/06 at 12:13 PM

Not a problem as long as sufficient anaesthetic is consumed - I recommend 4 or 5 pints, minimum.

[Edited on 7/8/06 by David Jenkins]

splitrivet - 7/8/06 at 12:29 PM

That'd be handy,I'll have to ask the landlord of my local if he'll have ramps installed and widen the doors.
Cheers,
Bob

DIY Si - 7/8/06 at 03:08 PM

Genius! The only thing missing is the ability to go to loo on it. Then you could just get on it, go to the pub and never need to get up!

Simon - 7/8/06 at 07:20 PM

We want video

ATB

Simon

rusty nuts - 7/8/06 at 08:47 PM

Guy I was an apprentice under later went on to build an electric bar stool which he then set a world record standing start 1/4 mile at Santa Pod drag strip around about 1977/78 The previous holder was Dave Lee Travis (the hairy monster ) Picture on the front page of one of the national papers and featured on the local TV news

Fred W B - 30/12/07 at 07:06 PM

Just to prove I can actually finish something

Have taken advantage of the holidays to rebuild the barstool after having the chassis powder coated.

Cheers

Fred W B

bs 0002
bs 0002

[img][/img]

RazMan - 30/12/07 at 11:42 PM

That looks MAD Fred - we want a video though