Board logo

robin hood
marc n - 12/9/06 at 04:35 PM

news here

Guinness - 12/9/06 at 04:43 PM

wow

venture capitalists eh?

hope all the people building hoods at the moment get enough support and the employees find alt employment.

mike

Dusty - 12/9/06 at 04:55 PM

Half saw it coming. All the rumours of late. As a Robin Hood owner I'm sad that the company Richard Stewart started and ran for years could be destroyed in a little over a year by the new owner, or parent company events or leaves on the line or whatever. End of an era.
Where does this leave all the lightweight builders. Stuffed?

[Edited on 12/9/06 by Dusty]

donut - 12/9/06 at 04:59 PM

Someone on here works (worked!) for Robin Hood don't they?

stevec - 12/9/06 at 05:04 PM

Saw it coming too,
My mates got the only SVAd Lightwieght. I feel sorry for The guy (Trevor) currently in limbo over his fail at Southampton. and all the other people who are going to struggle with their builds.
Glad I listened to you guys and bought an Indy.
Steve.

chockymonster - 12/9/06 at 05:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by donut
Someone on here works (worked!) for Robin Hood don't they?

Volvosport did.
I think he fell out with them though as they seem to have given him a real slagging off on the RHOcar forum

Volvorsport - 12/9/06 at 05:30 PM

yeah , that was me .

i think they were responding to some coments i made , which i never commented on !! LOL

yes , a real slagging which has been recorded for later .

[Edited on 12/9/06 by Volvorsport]

Danozeman - 12/9/06 at 06:01 PM

quote:

Investigating origion of last two posts!!!!

????????

graememk - 12/9/06 at 06:04 PM

what did the post say ?

chockymonster - 12/9/06 at 06:09 PM

Robin Hood has gone in to administration.

graememk - 12/9/06 at 06:13 PM

www.robinhoodsportscars.co.uk isnt working again

stevec - 12/9/06 at 06:18 PM

Wasnt working yesterday.

omega 24 v6 - 12/9/06 at 06:50 PM

Lolocost.co.uk is still working are'nt they the same crowd????
Should we be carefull about buying from them in the meantime????????????

iank - 12/9/06 at 06:59 PM

Volvosport: Hope you get something sorted out employment wise quickly. I remember how excited you were when you got the job.

Anyone know what went wrong? Was it a massive dip in sales from the lightweight debacle? Did they leverage the buyout at a stupid level? Or was it just something to do with a complex set of interlinked companies Rover stylee?

JoelP - 12/9/06 at 07:00 PM

ISTR that they raised the prices when they took over, if so that cant have helped.

Volvorsport - 12/9/06 at 07:33 PM

well , the comment made against me was obviously done by somebody at the factory and in a position to know the password on rhocar - ie 2-3 people .

yes the company is in administration , i spoke to them today - including the receiver .

itll all come out in the wash - and possibly some sort of official investigation may happen .

Simon - 12/9/06 at 07:38 PM

What did the "RH community" post say (it ain't there now) - I'm guessing they've sold their last btsoi

ATB

Simon

stevebubs - 12/9/06 at 08:04 PM

Aye; has vanished now.

Basically said something along the lines of ..

The parent company of Robinhood Sports Cars has gone into administration.
Robinhood Sports Cars Limited has been placed into Administration with Grant Thornton.

Simon - 12/9/06 at 10:02 PM

Which probably means the original owner will buy it back for a song, and keep the wedge he made from its sale

Lots of cash, and a car company!

Cool!

ATB

Simon

iank - 12/9/06 at 11:13 PM

Not sure he'll buy it back, I think he wanted to sell it so he could retire. At least that's the story he was floating when he had the company up for sale.

rhocar seem to be in denial right now and deleting posts referring to the problems until there is 'official' notification.

Petemate - 13/9/06 at 10:29 AM

Echo what Dusty said.
Damn shame if it has gone all t**s up. The kits - rough 'n ready. The former owner - also rough 'n ready but I always found him OK to deal with. (if you approach a hard businessman/woman bolshei you will get it back) RS was a down-to-earth type who was an absolute genius at utilisation. Before I bought my RH, I spoke to owners on the advice of Gina who, BTW, was well clued up on the marque; the owners all advised that building a Robin Hood is hard work but worth it in the end.
I expect and hope that the RHOCaR club & forum will continue to give full support to any members in difficulties as far as it is able. My experience is that it is probably the best LSIS club going, if one looks at the sheer speed of replies whenever a member has a query.
Long live the RH.
My 2 pennorth.
Pete

Mat-d-Rat - 13/9/06 at 09:12 PM

Just for reference RHSC posted (There are several people with RHSC access at RHSC I believe) that the company had gone boom, then several hours later the remarks where removed (With a post saying they where looking into it) leaving us back in the WTF country. I'm trying to get them to post proper news on the actual situation (like we don't know), jsut as a matter of course rather than anything else.

JamJah - 14/9/06 at 01:18 AM

I wonder if Airfix were about to release a RH lightwieght kit...!?!

Yes it is a horrible situation, I know what uncertain employment prospects are like. But from my experience of RH I think it was inevitible. At least itsin recievership so highly likely someone will do somthing with it.

Anyone know any 12 yo russain billonaires who want to have a new toy?

Scotty - 14/9/06 at 07:37 AM

short term, i feel sorry for those who bought the lightweight kit. I'm sure long term the problem will be resolved. someone surely will buy rh as although not my type, it certainly encouraged a lot of people into the kitcar world

graememk - 14/9/06 at 12:38 PM

Quote from RHOCAR

RHSC had 2 shares, 1 owned by mark segal, 1 by Oxclose Holdings. Mark Segal is a Director of Oxclose. Oxclose have gone under therefore so have RHSC. A rescue package was being sought.

The Lightwieght heres what I heard.

The lightweight if built to a high enough standard will pass the SVA. Trevors wasn't. RHSC got his car with a view to testing it at Notts. When it was received it was decided that it would even fail there. RHSC pointed out the failings in the build quality and gave Trevor a 2B kit.

Trevor I'm sorry if this is wrong and I have been lied to but please feel free to post your own version of events.

As to RHOCaR trying to protect RHSC that is absolute b0ll0x. If you have a problem with what some of the moderators have done th Donington and discuss it with me there.

click

LightweightRobinHood - 14/9/06 at 04:11 PM

My responce (I am the lightweight chap) is now posted over at

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=12786&pid=112483&st=210&#entry112483

Regards,

Trevor.

graememk - 15/9/06 at 08:24 PM

well thats good news for trev then, you get to build again lol

Hellfire - 15/9/06 at 09:26 PM

Good News!! He's spent seven months building a RH lightweight only to be given another kit when he's finished so he can start building again.

I don't know if Trev is married or has any kids but I know how my wife would feel about the prospect of me spending another seven months in the garage. I wouldn't be too overjoyed at the thought either.

Some people enjoy the building experience more than the driving but this poor guy never even got to find out. Least they could have done was to give him a fully built example or some recompense for his time spent building the first one.

Phil

graememk - 15/9/06 at 09:53 PM

i was taking the pi55. lol

DarrenW - 16/9/06 at 12:01 AM

The least they could have done is supply a rolling chassis kit. Probs should have supplied a turn key car at least to the same stage as the l/w.

Scotty - 16/9/06 at 07:19 AM

with rh going under, trev was lucky (?) to get anything!
the other l/w owners wont be getting the same treatment
good luck on the next build trev