Board logo

Raymond Baxter dead.
Peteff - 16/9/06 at 04:10 PM

Sad news for Tomorrows World fans. It's one programme I always used to watch.

Hellfire - 16/9/06 at 05:33 PM

I ONLY JUST remember him... very intelligent, interesting bloke. Tommorows World was one of the programmes I used to dedicatedly watch every Thursday Night!

Sad loss...

Why don't they bring that programme back - it was a great format and it would fit in with todays technology breakthrough's. Then they wonder why there are no scientists... this is why!!!

Steve

planetester - 16/9/06 at 05:55 PM

He came to make a documentary about a new aircraft we were building in 1986, he sat in my office while the film crews were preparing for each scene, we talked quite a lot, very decent sort

rusty nuts - 16/9/06 at 07:16 PM

He stopped and asked me directions once , seemed like a nice guy .

coozer - 16/9/06 at 08:28 PM

Sad news indeed, I couldn't believe he was 84, it doesnt seem that long ago when I was a kid and he was just like me dad on telly..

How time flies....

Mark Allanson - 16/9/06 at 08:40 PM

I am sure he used to commentate F1 when the drivers wore leather helmets, he was also a Spitfire ace who developed the method of tumbling V1 rockets using the aircrafts wing tips

David Jenkins - 16/9/06 at 08:46 PM

He did tell a story about when he was one of several spitfire pilots attacking a V2 rocket base - he said that he couldn't believe it when one started to lift off as they approached - especially when his wingman started firing at it! As he said, they were flying at several hundred mph towards a ton of explosive and rocket fuel, and if he'd hit it then the whole squadron would have been blown out of the sky!

David