Board logo

Anybody on here done the London to Mongolia rally
NS Dev - 5/11/07 at 09:36 PM

just wondering, anybody?

Benzine - 5/11/07 at 09:57 PM

I entered in 2006 but got about as far as an asthmatic ant with some heavy shopping. Would love to do it again, second sign up tomorrow isn't it?

MikeR - 5/11/07 at 11:03 PM

I've looked at a number of these - always shyed away as i'd never sort myself out in time.

Are you and Cal thinking about it?

jamesalx - 6/11/07 at 11:33 AM

I did Staples 2 Naples this year.

Was fun the organisation was sham and a total waist of money, I would not recoment doing any of the Street Safari ones.

I would suggest going in a group of a couple of cars makes it more fun.

I would like to do another one next year when I have recovered from the last one I would like to do the Plymouth to Dakar or maybe the Mongolia rally.

NS Dev - 6/11/07 at 06:16 PM

I struggle for time off so the london the mongolia would be tricky but I'm considering everything at the mo (job vs time etc)

I did think that a lot of the european banger rallies look like a waste of money, I could organise one myself that covered 2000 miles for a handful of people.

The big distance ones are much more like it and I really fancy a stab at a long drive in russia having spent 10 really interesting days in Siberia last year.

In terms of european stuff, I'm hoping to do a "monte-carlo and bust" trip next year in the locost, driving it down to monaco via the alps, and back.

not a big trip but should be a laugh.