Board logo

rover v-8 breather hoses
caber - 24/9/11 at 07:52 AM

I have a problem trying to find new rocker cover breather hoses for my range rover v8. I have tried the Land over suppliers who tell me these are no longer available and RPI who say they don't supply these as parts. anyone know wher to get a set or at least the formed 90degree sections that come off the rocker cover itself?

Help!

Caber

tomgregory2000 - 24/9/11 at 08:03 AM

I might be worth sending these guys an email

Paul (Notts) - 24/9/11 at 08:11 AM

Is this what you want?

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-ERC9116A

Paul

MkIndy7 - 24/9/11 at 09:22 AM

Or being Locostbuilders a 3/4" overflow pipe elbow painted black fits onto the flame trap, keeps things nice and tight and then normal hose from there.

v8kid - 24/9/11 at 12:55 PM

Ideal opportunity for an upgrade as these engines are well known for being heavy breathers! I drilled out mine and tapped them 3/4" pipe thread and used a brass elbow to give a horizontal outlet. Same both sides.

As the elbows are heavy things and there is little pressure involved I bored out the elbows and cut off the hexagons halving the weight and increase the gas flow. 1" clear pipe fits over the resulting stub IIRC - can't be arsed going to look! Remember to angle the pipes upwards initially so the oil flows back into the rocker cover and not into the catch tank. You must use large bore pipe to make the speed of the gas flow low to allow the oil to condense out and flow back.

Feed the pipes into an individual catch tank - I used tesco aluminium cycle water bottles with the logo's removes - looks dear!

No probs with breathing now where before there were fumes everywhere

caber - 25/9/11 at 05:29 PM

Thanks folks, I can't get the right parts through any of the Land Rover people as they are not available in the supply chain. I guess I will have to improvise

Caber