Board logo

car builder solutions exhausts
mikey p - 20/3/13 at 04:51 PM

Hi,

Any one run on of these? interested in the 6 inch silencer version mated to a Duratec. http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/product/6%22_Stainless_Steel_Silencer_SIL6
noise level ok? build quality? ect

Thanks
Mike

pewe - 20/3/13 at 05:05 PM

Bought one for my 2.0ltr s/c Lancia engine some time ago.
Nicely made and re-packable - I currently use Acoustifil as it seems to work pretty well and passes most noise metres.
As with any stainless it will discolour slightly.
HTH.
Cheers, Pewe10

twybrow - 20/3/13 at 05:11 PM

I run the 7" version, and I am very happy with it. It makes a great sound, and is nice and quiet.

theprisioner - 20/3/13 at 07:42 PM

Uprated the Westfield 5" exhaust on my Duratec SEIW to the CBS 6" and a great imnprovement it is, I could drive the car without ear plugs for the first time after fitting it.

mikey p - 21/3/13 at 09:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by theprisioner
Uprated the Westfield 5" exhaust on my Duratec SEIW to the CBS 6" and a great imnprovement it is, I could drive the car without ear plugs for the first time after fitting it.

Like the sound of that as I had a 6inch Westfield silencer on my pinto which was loud!
Looks like something else to add to the list to stuff to buy.....

Davey D - 21/3/13 at 10:24 AM

I originally had the 5" one fitted my VortX. it did what it was supposed to do fine, and with a cat also fitted it passed the SVA test easily with the R1 engine.

It was quite heavy though, as it uses quite heavy gauge stainless for what it is. I cant imagine how heavy the 7" version must be

I have since upgraded to a Raceco 7.25" titanium silencer, and it is about 1kg lighter than my old CBS 5" stainless silencer