Board logo

Credit to Ford Motor Company
AndyW - 4/5/13 at 10:50 AM

I sent a letter to Ford Technical department. Posted it Wednesday this week, got a letter in todays post with a nice letter from Ford confirming the engine manufacture date for the IVA test.

Top service.

HowardB - 4/5/13 at 01:45 PM

that is great service, would it be possible to post the address on here,. make it a sticky maybe,. I am sure that I am going to need some further info on my zetec at some point, and that the contact details for Ford would be most useful,..

thanks

AndyW - 4/5/13 at 04:04 PM

I just wrote a simple letter along the lines of: I'm building a kit car and for the IVA you need proof of engine age, supplied them the engine number, explained it was from a 2.0 Mondeo and sent to this address:

Ford Technical Department
PO Box 300
Walsall
WS5 4QH

Got the letter back confirming engine month and year date.

Andy

nickm - 4/5/13 at 06:53 PM

Hi
Burton catalogue use to be able to give you the date for the engine using the letters from it but probably not as reliable for IVA as a letter from ford.

Nick M

baz-R - 17/5/13 at 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nickm
Hi
Burton catalogue use to be able to give you the date for the engine using the letters from it but probably not as reliable for IVA as a letter from ford.

Nick M

my local iva tester says bruton is not a sutable proof for engine age must be a headed letter from ford

I predict a Riot - 17/5/13 at 03:20 PM

Ford were very helpful in dating my engine as well.

The IVA inspector at Beverley however said he would of accepted the Burton's information.

Odd how the standard varies!