Board logo

Ford Type9 spacer drawing
TurboWood - 15/7/15 at 05:26 AM

Hi Gents,
I'm working on a 7 and need a spacer for my transmission. I've searched and know there are a few options out there, but the easiest part (requires less custom work) is the 30mm spacer from caterham. Unfortunately I cannot find any anywhere.

Does anyone have a drawing or the critical dimensions that I could make drawing from? This is for the Ford type 9 transmission. I would happily buy a used one if anyone has one sitting around.

Thanks,
Daniel

rusty nuts - 15/7/15 at 07:00 AM

Retro ford RWDmotorsport or use the search facility on here

Paul Turner - 15/7/15 at 07:56 AM

From memory off the shelf the RWD one is thinner but they will make one to the full 30mm if you ask.

Have you tried a wanted in the Caterham forum?

TurboWood - 15/7/15 at 01:50 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I've sent some notes based on your suggestion.

Daniel

owelly - 16/7/15 at 01:31 PM

I took these measurements when I made my spacer. I accept no responsibility if they are all wrong but it seemed to work for my purpose!!
Type9 flange dims
Type9 flange dims

Benzo - 2/12/19 at 11:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I took these measurements when I made my spacer. I accept no responsibility if they are all wrong but it seemed to work for my purpose!!
Type9 flange dims
Type9 flange dims

Hi,

Would anyone have same information as this in Higher resolution?

When I View or print I cannot read the dimensions.

Thanks

theduck - 2/12/19 at 11:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Turner
From memory off the shelf the RWD one is thinner but they will make one to the full 30mm if you ask.

Have you tried a wanted in the Caterham forum?

I tried that one some of the caterham groups, got banned almost instantly for not owning a caterham