Board logo

XE Engine
AndyGT - 15/8/15 at 10:44 PM

Over the past few months I have been "picking up" Opel/Vauxhall XE bits in a mission to put it in my classic (RWD). My plan is to use carbs and an ignition from opel manta to get it going and then upgrade to mega-jolt later.

The engine I got seems to be clean and dry with a small amount of road-crud so I am hoping it hasn't been Karschered.

Anyway, on the exhaust side of the engine there seems to be a few things missing and wanted to know what they are. I have added a picture in the hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction to knowing what is missing and maybe finding the missing odds and sodds.

So ANY pointers would be VERY grateful....

[img]https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9lr1ueh6rx3irs/xe_ENGINE%20EXPLAINED.JPG?dl=0[/img]

RichieW - 15/8/15 at 11:53 PM

Picture not showing.

Ben_Copeland - 16/8/15 at 05:51 AM

You can link pictures to drop box because you need an account to view them.

Ben_Copeland - 16/8/15 at 05:54 AM

The only thing missing is the crank sensor "C" the rest are either not used or where the power steering pump mountings used to be

loggyboy - 16/8/15 at 08:25 AM

IiRC, a b and the one you haven't circled to the right of them is the engine mount position for fwd installation.

perksy - 16/8/15 at 01:23 PM

Worth considering modifying the cam cover for RWD use if you haven't already, Details on SBD's website

Good choice of engine by the way

[Edited on 16/8/15 by perksy]

MikeRJ - 16/8/15 at 03:39 PM

Bit of a heavy fog in your garage!