Board logo

Piston rings - where to buy?
AndyW - 30/4/16 at 11:31 AM

Before I start trawling e-bay and taking pot luck on getting crap, does anyone have any suggestions as where to buy piston ring sets for a ford 2.0 blacktop?

Just hoped someone has had good service and quality from a particular place.

Thanks
Andy

perksy - 30/4/16 at 12:12 PM

Burton power

False economy buying cheap internal engine components imho, buy quality parts from known suppliers...

Dick - 30/4/16 at 01:49 PM

We buy lots of engine parts in our workshop from a company called rs engine it's good quality and never had a problem with any of it and it's a very good price, if you can't find the contact details I have them on the garage pc and could get for you but won't be till Tuesday .

big_wasa - 30/4/16 at 01:50 PM

For oem engine internals I only trust ford and burton power. I would avoid eBay.

sprintB+ - 1/5/16 at 09:14 AM

another vote for Burton parts.

snakebelly - 1/5/16 at 10:25 AM

Try FW Thorntons www.fwthornton.co.uk fair chance that's who Burton buy them off. Always had excellent service and very helpful on specials
HTH

perksy - 1/5/16 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snakebelly
Try FW Thorntons www.fwthornton.co.uk fair chance that's who Burton buy them off. Always had excellent service and very helpful on specials
HTH

That's a good point, They are very good and are very handy for parts that can be difficult to obtain elsewhere