Board logo

Fuel tank breather / vent
r1_pete - 6/9/17 at 10:48 PM

Not sure what I need, but I want to do away with the vacuum operated charcoal filter unneccesary complications...

Which valve do I need, it needs to vent vapour as the fuel in the tank heats up (injection return), allow air in as the tank empties, and shut off if its upside down..

Any help appreciated.

Cheers.

Pete.

[Edited on 6/9/17 by r1_pete]

ste - 7/9/17 at 02:10 AM

i fitted one of these to the top of the tank with a breather hose a foot long

Fuel Roll Over Valve 8mm Fuel Oil Water

907 - 7/9/17 at 03:06 AM

The Suttol has a nylon line from the tank top to the air box.

The filler cap assembly that I made doesn't vent through the key hole so the tank needs vacuum and pressure relief.

Paul G

40inches - 7/9/17 at 07:29 AM

This one may be easier to fit?
eBay Item

nick205 - 7/9/17 at 10:16 AM

Is this for a kit/Locost or for your E-Type?

(or the Porsche)

[Edited on 7/9/17 by nick205]

JekRankin - 7/9/17 at 12:37 PM

My plan was to fit a small 1/4" inline fuel filter in addition to the roll over valve, or maybe an air filter from an RC car engine...

nick205 - 7/9/17 at 02:10 PM

On my MK Indy if fitted a length of fuel hose that went down and finished below the base of the fuel tank - no filter fitted.

It passed SVA without comment and worked fine whilst driving the car.

Matt21 - 7/9/17 at 07:29 PM

After having a few issues on track days with a full fuel tank and spilling fuel while cornering... I tried a few different options with the routing of my vent hose.

In the end I fitted one of these and it's been fine since:
http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/fuel-fittings-hose/mocal-in-line-fuel-tank-breather-valve

TimC - 8/9/17 at 09:53 AM

From what I gather, a lot of people start with cheap fixes and end-up buying the proper Mocal or similar stuff.

I've got a small in-tank mocal but due to the return from my swirl pot I worry that it won't vent enough so may add a second value on the filler.

If the Google link below works, you'll see mine top-right,
Will the link work?