Board logo

Duratec injector options when on gsxr throttle bodies
jamriggsy - 22/11/17 at 08:55 PM

Hey guys.
I've been slowly collecting bits and now have my omex 600 with loom ready to mod. I'm using gsxr throttle bodies mounted to a jenvey DCOE pattern manifold via an adaptor which I'm yet to design and manufacture.

I guess I have two/three options regarding injectors (Bike ones or Ford ones or both) and I may end up trying all three but has anyone experience either type for preference?

Also. I understand and optimised map for each would be better but would 1 map run both options well or would I need completely different maps for each. I'm hoping to play a bit with the omex map4000 software myself and have requested a base map from omex to start interrogating.

Cheers
Jamie

mark chandler - 22/11/17 at 10:26 PM

Limited experience just observations on my cars.

High flow disc injectors have provided a good squirt and volume, very poor pattern just hoses fuel into the engine you can bang high fuel pressure into them. Avoid the older ones with just 2 exit holes, you want 4 exist holes to improve on the poor pattern.

Pintel injectors (most cars have these) give a nice cone, cannot sustain raised fuel rates before they start to leak and second hand may have done a lot of miles.

Bike injectors I have played with provide a lovely mist, they are the best of the bunch IMHO although may struggle to achieve the flow rates so maybe double up?

HTH

jamriggsy - 23/11/17 at 06:50 AM

Thanks for info. Well I'm not going to be demanding high power so for something around 180hp-190hp I would of thought the bike injectors would be adequate.
Cheers

mark chandler - 23/11/17 at 06:57 PM

A bike at 13,000 rpm producing 200hp uses similar fuel quantities to a car engine @ 200hp turning at 7000rpm.