Board logo

Zetec Alternator
AntonUK - 22/5/18 at 01:50 PM

Im bored of having to re-weld my alternator bracket for my Silvertop Zetec. So have been browsing for a replacment while changing it out for a lightweight item.

Best/Cheapest option found so far is Burton Power
http://www.burtonpower.com/alternator-kit-40amp-ford-zetec-e-silver-top-05-98-altkitzs.html

Retro Ford's option is too expensive onve they add the VAT and carrage.

Are there any other options?

theconrodkid - 22/5/18 at 02:29 PM

as fitted to kabuto diggers, plenty new ones on fleabay , mine was about £30 brand new tho without a pulley

big_wasa - 22/5/18 at 02:58 PM

If you just want the alternator and not a kit look up starterman on here. If your looking for a budget item, they fit them to some bikes but they will require more fitting.

ravingfool - 22/5/18 at 03:26 PM

Having already sourced a suitable second hand alternator I think I ordered a few bits from kitspares.co.uk and an adjustable arm off of ebay with a length that suited my installation like these (just as examples):

kitspares alternator bracket link

ebay link example

Buying individually should save you plenty of cash over a kit or you may be able to make up something suitable if you have the necessary tools.

nick205 - 22/5/18 at 03:31 PM

Made my own bracket out of 75 x 75 x3 angle iron for my Pinto alternator.

No welding, just a hacksaw and a drill.

AntonUK - 22/5/18 at 06:16 PM

Thanks All,

Was looking for a fit and forget solution so im not tinkering /collecting bits in the summer.

Have ordered the burton power one fingers crossed it can get fitted at the weekend.

SJ - 22/5/18 at 06:40 PM

The burton kit looks nice. Mine is a Kubota digger jobbie and it has been great. Cost about £50 and an hour to make the bracket.

AntonUK - 22/5/18 at 07:16 PM

I did search for the kubota digger alternator, but they started at about £120

Myke 2463 - 22/5/18 at 09:42 PM

Try denso alternator

nick205 - 23/5/18 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Myke 2463
Try denso alternator

IIRC mine was a Denso from a Kubota digger - fortunately my Dad sells Kubota diggers so had some spares sat around.