Board logo

Clutch release arm fowls chassis
Daz1234 - 6/9/18 at 09:34 PM

Well I have a IndyRR with a Type9/Zetec which I've been building over the winter.

Ive already had to chop up the bell housing to get it to fit in the tunnel (still very tight).... but now it looks like the clutch release arm is fowling the chassis (so I cant work the clutch).

I can only see that I have 2 options.

1. Convert to hydraulic clutch

2. take a angle grinder to the chassis (not ideal!) :/

Annoyingly it fowls right on the corner upright of the centre tunnel so its not even like its just hitting panelling.

Has anyone else come up against this?

Note this is going to be specific to IndyRR chassis I should think.

Thanks in advance

Darren.

r1_pete - 6/9/18 at 10:01 PM

Did you buy the chassis specific for the Zetec from MK?

If so I would get on to them for advice, I believe the new owners are very helpful....

Daz1234 - 6/9/18 at 10:05 PM

The centre tunnel is the same regardless to what engine you are fitting. But yes it was purchased from MK with view of fitting a Zetec.

Darren

Bluemoon - 6/9/18 at 10:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Daz1234
The centre tunnel is the same regardless to what engine you are fitting. But yes it was purchased from MK with view of fitting a Zetec.

Darren

It's not something silly like the box is mounted to far back?

The gearbox needs to allow some movement in the prop splines.

Dan

Daz1234 - 6/9/18 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon
quote:
Originally posted by Daz1234

Darren

It's not something silly like the box is mounted to far back?

The gearbox needs to allow some movement in the prop splines.

Dan

How do you mean Dan?

Surely the box can only go in one place? Eg engine is dictated my engine mounts and the gearbox/bellhousing bolts straight to t?

Bluemoon - 7/9/18 at 08:15 AM

Yes my comments only apply if your not using mounts supplied buy the kit manufacturer. On my Indy for example you had to drill the gearbox mounting plate this means you could mount the gearbox further towards for backwards from the correct place.... if you like me fabricated engine mounts it’s possible to get it wrong..

Daz1234 - 7/9/18 at 08:26 AM

Ah ok

These were supplied by MK

D

ianhurley20 - 7/9/18 at 03:16 PM

I had that issue on my Haynes and ended up moving all the mounts for engine and gearbox 25mm forward, problem solved, maybe that is what is neeed on yours????

CosKev3 - 7/9/18 at 10:17 PM

The engine mounting holes/fitting points could be wrong,error when it was built.
If the chassis was ordered for zetec and T9 there is No way you should be struggling for tunnel clearance,the zetec T9 combo is a age old set up!