Board logo

Which starter motor to use
Ing bkerkhof - 10/8/19 at 06:02 AM

Good day,

I just bought my first westfield se with a crossflow engine. Love it just there is of course a lot of work and improvements to make.the first issue i ran into was the starter. The relais is facing downward which makes this the lowest part of the car. Really not good because one of the mounting points has already a crack in it.

Can someone tell me a part number for the starter with the relais facing upwards? It is a ford crossflow engine with 5 speed trans. Car is made in 1997.

I found one ford cortina starter whith the relais facing upward but i am not sure if this fits.

Thank you!

rusty nuts - 10/8/19 at 07:18 AM

Can’t help with a part number but a little bit more information might help such as which side of the engine is the starter fitted, which bell housing , how many bolts secure the starter to the bell housing( presumably 3?) lastly how many teeth are on the flywheel ring gear as the xflow engine used at least 2 ? Can you also get any numbers off of your present starter which might help ? Is the car LHD? Starterman may be along with a bit more help ?

starterman - 10/8/19 at 06:20 PM

Part number or pictures would ideally be needed.

Cheers
Mike

Ing bkerkhof - 10/8/19 at 06:53 PM

I will give the current part number after the weekend. First some cooling liquid for myself...

Thank you!

Ing bkerkhof - 12/8/19 at 10:21 AM

The part which is on my car now is the 0 001 208 718
Also written 87 gb 11000 ba. it has 11teeth.

Does this help?