Board logo

I am fitting a cosworth YB in a locost chassis that is plus 4 inches in width, I am however still struggling for width in chassi
St Peter - 8/3/21 at 03:02 PM

snapper - 8/3/21 at 08:14 PM

I don’t know what a Swedish plenum is but I know that the 4WD setup is more compact.
An RS2000 sump with the Cosworth piston spray bar grafted on the RS2000 oil pickup will give sump clearance but will need a trough welded in to clear the spray bar.

St Peter - 8/3/21 at 08:23 PM

Thanks,
A Swedish plenum has the inlet butterfly on the end rather than a side elbow on the standard, expensive new though.

A 4wd turbo manifold sounds good but they also don't seem to be available second hand.

Simon - 8/3/21 at 11:13 PM

I got a Rover V8 along with a pair of turbos and injection plenum in a +4" chassis - admittedly it was a nbit of a squeeze

James - 9/3/21 at 12:21 PM

I forget the name of the chassis rail now but there are a pair of chassis rails that run along the top of the engine bay from the inner corner of the pedal/footwell area down to the FU nose assembly.

I don't know your chassis but IIRC if was possible to move these a little by making them each a 'Y' shape rather than just a straight rail. Would that give you what you need?

Worth checking the Cymtrics chassis mods as I probably saw it there.

(apologies for any inaccuracies in my above statement- I built my chassis nearly 19 years ago! )

Cheers,
James

40inches - 9/3/21 at 02:44 PM

Is it wider than the Jag V6? This is in a standard MK chassis.
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description
Description