Board logo

Emissions and webcon alpha
contaminated - 9/9/21 at 10:31 PM

Good evening all. Anyone else running a Tiger R6 (or anything else) with a cat and an emission requirement at mot? Mine has a cat and a double exhaust (one on the side, runs through the rear arch and then another silencer at the back). I'm failing emissions, but run a webcon alpha system that now has no support. Once I pass emissions I'll do a decat and side silencer, but that doesn't help me through the mot. Any suggestions to get me through MOT? Lambda, plugs? New cat last resort because I won't use it after mot. Thanks

melly-g - 10/9/21 at 03:57 AM

I'm sorry I don't know how to help with your issue, but you said there is no support for webcon alpha?
I thought Tiger racing bought the rights to that? So can they not help?

cliftyhanger - 10/9/21 at 07:09 AM

Tiger still list the alpha stuff, so worth a call.
But what emissions are out? if HC then how accurately are the throttle bodies balanced? If they are out by more than a smidge the cat won't be able to correct it, especially if it is a cheap cat.
Out of interest, won't the car always be MoT'd as requiring a cat?

Myke 2463 - 10/9/21 at 07:23 AM

Contact Webcon https://www.webcon.co.uk/Downloads/webcon2018dealerlist.pdf

KENT agents.
Bexley Heath Sanspeed
Tel: 020 8301 4676
Sittingbourne B D Engineering
Tel: 01795 843980
Northampton Motorsport have worked on Alpha systems in the past. Tel: 01604 766624

Ring Webcon They still mention Alpha injection on their website.

contaminated - 10/9/21 at 07:51 AM

Thanks all. I am going to speak to Tiger today, but I'm pretty sure there is no support for the actual ecu. None of the dealers listed have the dongle anymore. Not even NMS. The car is always going to need a cat for mot but I'm planning on running a different system between mots.