Board logo

gearbox mount
darrenga - 19/9/06 at 12:11 PM

hi can anyone tell me if this is the right mount for 2.0 pinto type 9 gearbox,says it is for granada,but not sure if the are all the same Rescued attachment 31_1_sbol.jpg
Rescued attachment 31_1_sbol.jpg

David Jenkins - 19/9/06 at 12:23 PM

Looks pretty much like the one I've got on my Mk 9 box.

Worth going to a scrappy to get the bell-shaped washer that fits underneath - stops the g'box flapping around so much.

David

nick205 - 19/9/06 at 12:27 PM

or better still, get the Westfiled mount which is almost solid and only costs ~£9

James - 19/9/06 at 02:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nick205
or better still, get the Westfiled mount which is almost solid and only costs ~£9

Agreed!

I think it's a bit more than that but it comes with a set of bolts and is far less sloppy.

Cheers,
James

caber - 19/9/06 at 05:06 PM

The mount I got from Westfield recently looks exactly the same as above and did not come with any bolts!

Caber

John.Taylor - 19/9/06 at 06:33 PM

Mine came from westfield with bolts, but it's too narrow for the MK brackets and I couldn't be bothered playing with the old type 9 one so I bolted the new mount to a piece of metal which in turn bolts to the chassis. Not sure how good it all is as nothing is running yet!

whitestu - 19/9/06 at 06:52 PM

I have the sierra one, but don't see how the bell shaped washer makes any difference.

Stu

lexi - 19/9/06 at 07:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by caber
The mount I got from Westfield recently looks exactly the same as above and did not come with any bolts!

Caber

Check under some of your Landys and you`ll find bolts
Alex