Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: NG TC unfinished, SVA'able project reduced to £1750
mr henderson

posted on 9/12/08 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
NG TC unfinished, SVA'able project reduced to £1750

I've had this car in my workshop for a while now, and the owner has decided (acting on my advice) to sell it. It has got to the stage where quite a lot of fiddly work is going to be needed, and this should be done by somebody who doesn't need to charge for their time, because they are doing it for pleasure.

If it was me I would replace the MGB engine with something more interesting. A rover V8 will fit, just, but I would probably go for a modern 4 cylinder. Having said that, MGB engines do have a certain charm, and look and sound the part for this sort of car.

The project was originally started about 10 years ago, and the chap building it actually had it completely assembled at one point. It was then partially dismantled, presumably to improve it, and it has stayed like that til it came to my workshop a few months ago,

The owner has already invested in acquiring the necessary parts from the current NG manufacturers, Findhorn Cars to make it SVA passable. These include a crossmember which has been welded to the chassis to receive the lower seat belt mountings, and a hoop like construction which fits behind the seats, is mostly concealed by the bodywork, and presents the upper seat belt mountings at the correct height.

The chassis is fitted with MGB donor parts, all of which, I understand, have been reconditioned, although I cannot guarantee that.

Items which are still needed to complete the car include-
Windscreeen if required
Steering column from MGB
Pedal box and servo from MGB

The main tub has been painted but the radiator shell, wings and damaged but repairable bonnet have not.

For a LCB reader, I'm sure a discount could be negotiated, and delivery can be arranged.

John

[Edited on 10/12/08 by mr henderson]

[Edited on 17/2/09 by mr henderson]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

mr henderson

posted on 10/12/08 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry about the quality of the pics, cold workshop, ice on the lens, probably. Anyone who is interested can get in touch and I can get some better pics.

John

mr henderson

posted on 17/2/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
The asking price has now been reduced to £1750, and the owners would probably accept an offer that was even lower, as long as it was serious.

Main thing to realise with this project that it means lots of work and time, but not too much money as the vast majority of it is already there.

John

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.