Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: B&Q trade card
02GF74

posted on 9/1/09 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
B&Q trade card

anyone got them? how easy is it to get one if you are not trade?

did I hear corecltly that trade gets 20% deiscount? would that be on top of the 50% off sale for bathroom items?

ta.

JoelP

posted on 9/1/09 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
i thought they had done away with the trade cards? Or maybe that was just the trade counters.
splitrivet

posted on 9/1/09 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
I looked at getting one but its a bit of a con. As I understand it you get up to 60 days free credit then a 5% rebate when you spend over a grand a month.
Bearing in mind most stuff is up to 40 % cheaper elsewhere its just to get you spending instore, useful I suppose if you are in trade and need an extra line in credit but other than that a waste of space.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

rotax78

posted on 9/1/09 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
I have a trade card. It's not a trade account so there is no credit period with it at all, although they do have trade accounts available with credit. How it works is that you hand the card over at the time of purchasing something, you pay the full price that the item is marked up at, then at the end of the month you get a statement of what you have purchased using your card and the discount that each purchase has earned you. The discount varies from item to item, some things 5% some things 10% others ?%. The total amount of discount that you earned is given back to you in the form of a cheque attatched to the statement. if you spend over £1000 (i think) you then get a further 5% volume discount applied.
BenB

posted on 9/1/09 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like it's cheaper to go straight past B+Q to Screwfix

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.