Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Acceptable FUEL LINE options?
muzchap

posted on 26/3/09 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
Acceptable FUEL LINE options?

Sigh!

S2000 project is finally back underway after a slight detour on a CRF450R project

I'm close to having it running, only thing I need to sort is the fuel lines and wiring

I'm struggling to find enough 'clear' space through the transmission tunnel to mount the copper pipes and was considering options:

1) Copper
2) Rubber (proper fuel line with nylon strands)
3) Goodridge hose style - metal

I guess what I'm asking is what are the pro's / con's of each - I'm definitely trying to stay with copper, but could utilise the flexibility of the other 2 options.

Also - anybody know where to get any male/female ends like brake pipe unions for 10mm copper pipe - that would make it easier if I could join it in places

Cheers,

M

------------------------------------
If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

omega0684

posted on 26/3/09 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
goodridge is just far too expensive in my opinion although they are the nuts!

copper piping is a popular option, its cheap and easily managable. i would use rubber fuel line at each end and use fuel clips to attach

braided fuel lines (which i use) are a liitle more expensive but very strong and flexible, only downside would be is that you can't tell if the rubber on the inside of the pipe is perishing for whatever reason until there is fuel leaking throught the braiding (not common though)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
muzchap

posted on 26/3/09 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Omega

I previously used copper - think I'll take a look at the braided fuel lines on Friday

M

If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!

omega0684

posted on 26/3/09 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
i think my braided hose was about £8/ metre
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 26/3/09 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by muzchap
Cheers Omega

I previously used copper - think I'll take a look at the braided fuel lines on Friday

M

I used braided on mine, but the PTFE stuff like you use for brake lines.

You can get it in all sizes and its much cheaper than the rubber goodrisge stuff.

Have a look on think automotive website at TFE hose in -6 size

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

NS Dev

posted on 26/3/09 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
just looked, its 9.44 a metre plus vat but it will last a lifetime

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

muzchap

posted on 27/3/09 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Hey NSDev,

Great to see you still on here

Think - I'll go order some now

How's things going?

M

NS Dev

posted on 5/4/09 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Not too bad, been busy with work, and now possibly very busy with setting up in business with my brother!

Took the locost out last night and had some fun though!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.