Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  9    10    11    12  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec install progress - sump construction underway
selrahc360

posted on 24/10/17 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote
6 spd

Flak,

Thank you for the reply. On the 6 spd, the reason I went zetec rx8 6 spd was the bell is a lot smaller than the miata and T5. Also the cost is better for me. A couple of things I am considering is dual fuel. Though I am currently running cycle carbs. And by dual fuel one or the other, still looking how to do the swap on the tanks. Although I could do sna
Pin LPG bottles.
Do you have any ideas along those lines. CNG and LPG work way better if the car is stored for any length of time.

How do you like the duratec after running it for several years ?

I have the 2.5 in our transit connect van with the dual clutch std. Pretty snappy.

Thank you for your response,

Charles

goaty

posted on 27/10/17 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
When I did this build the 6 speed, Duratec compatible MX5/Miata transmission wasn't readily available.

It also leans the engine over a few degrees which causes issues, and it's a large case, which causes clearance issues compared to the type 9.

Hey flak.
How are you doing, long time no speak.
Not sure if you remember but I was building my duratec along with yours, unfortunately mine had to be broken to buy a house.
I am now back in a kit though but bike engined.

Good to see your still sharing you knowledge on here

flak monkey

posted on 27/10/17 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goaty

Hey flak.
How are you doing, long time no speak.
Not sure if you remember but I was building my duratec along with yours, unfortunately mine had to be broken to buy a house.
I am now back in a kit though but bike engined.

Good to see your still sharing you knowledge on here

I'm good thanks back in action after a break of a few years!

I do remember, sorry to hear you had to abandon. Hopefully you've managed to find another project?

I'm probably going to have a sell up myself to sort some finances and a few other things

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

goaty

posted on 28/10/17 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
I couldn't stay away myself...lol
Got a Bec Indy r right now but just taken a deposit on it and bought another charged Bec. Can't wait to start fiddling again.

Do you still own your duratec car?

flak monkey

posted on 28/10/17 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
No I sold it over 6 years ago. I have my Camaro and bike to keep me busy. But might sell up again soon and start something else. Or just have a break.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Fcck2000

posted on 27/7/23 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by goaty
possible, i have just picked my Titan one up but i think iwill be able to squeeze it all in. Tank is the main issue i think.
Luckily the bloke i bought it off works for Caterham developments team and this is the same things he does. Bought an ap friction plate for £40 too. But he said get in touch whenever for help as they just made one and got 330bhp.
So it can fit and shoudl go well
Will be interesting to see how the different builds turn out....cant wait.
all the best

ps, he said that they haven't had any oil pump failures as yet though.

When buying my sump from Raceline for my 2ltr MZR engine I was told the MZR engine has a different (larger) oil pump compared to the Duratec Ford version. Maybe if the MZR one fits it could be a cheap upgrade to the standard Ford option.

Tiger SSC
220bhp on standard MZR Duratec engine with throttle bodies and mild camshaft upgrade.

Fcck2000

posted on 27/7/23 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Starters are the same. Some 1.8s still have a dual mass flywheel.

I'll have a look at mine and get the part number off it, if you then go into a ford dealer they will be able to tell you what models it was fitted to exactly.

David

I have a lightweight 3.6kg flywheel and matching starter motor for sale.
I removed them from my 2ltr MZR engine that was mated to a RWD internal hydraulic slave and a type 9 gearbox. Only selling because I had issues with the Type 9 so decided to go with a mazda N7 5 speed. I think it runs with a standard Pinto type clutch.

Tiger SSC
220bhp on standard MZR Duratec engine with throttle bodies and mild camshaft upgrade.

<<  9    10    11    12  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.