Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: broadband issues
hellbent345

posted on 25/5/09 at 12:14 PM Reply With Quote
broadband issues

hi all,
seems we are having a few issues with our broadband, how many times should we be paying?
atm we are paying demon broadband for presumably connection, i dont know what else (all i know is they cut us off because we didnt pay them) and also paying aol... dont know what that is for
also we are paying bt for the phone line

My question is, should we only be paying one company for the provision of broadband, and bt for the phone line?
if that is the case what are we paying aol for? or demon for?

Thanks very much

Alan

britishtrident

posted on 25/5/09 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
One of the many bad things about AOL is they have deserved reputation for being hard to get way from.

O2 or Bethere or Plusnet or indeed BT will do an all in one phone and broadband package at very reasonable rate.
O2 and BeThere (actually the same company) are some of the few broadband isps currently offereing ADSL2+ connections Ie double speed of normall ADSL although most broadband supplier will change over in the near future.
O2 offer particularly good deals if you have an O2 mobile phone (even PAYG)

[Edited on 25/5/09 by britishtrident]

hellbent345

posted on 25/5/09 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
so we are paying twice for something we should only be paying once for? and we could even be able to collate the line rental and broadband price into one package as well?

Thanks for your help

Al

Ben_Copeland

posted on 25/5/09 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Bin AOL... nasty nasty nasty....

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Keith Weiland

posted on 25/5/09 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
You can have AOL without having broadband also or at least you used to be able to, you basically were paying for the AOL browser and some other stuff I think. I never used it but some others I know did.

Look at the bills and it should say what it is for. I would suggest if you are paying by DD then cancel the DD on the ones you don't want and verify with the ones you do want what service they think they are providing you.

I would suggest if you aren't under a current contract with any to look at your options carefully as you can get very cheap deals. Check MoneySavingExpert.com for the best deal.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.