Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: British Isles Challenge
Stuart Walker

posted on 13/6/09 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
British Isles Challenge

Hello everyone. As my car is still stuck at my parents' house I have found something else to do for a while...

Next weekend I am setting off on my "British Isles Challenge" - an attempt to travel the length of the UK south to north by human power.

I'm starting by kayaking around the Western Rocks, south of the Scilly Isles. Then through the south west to Bristol, up through Wales and over Snowdon, through the Peak district and Dales, into the Lakes and over Scafell Pike, then up to Ben Nevis, across to Inverness and north to John O' Groats. From there I'm going up to Orkney and finally Shetland, to finish at Out Stack above Unst. I will be sea kayaking, running, mountain biking, swimming, cycling and sailing.

The challenge is for charity, I'm trying to raise £10,000 for NSPCC, Avert AIDS and Water for Kids. If anyone would like to sponsor me please go to http://www.britishisleschallenge.co.uk, and click the links on the right hand side. I would also be very grateful if anyone can spread the word a bit and try to drum up some more money!

Cheers,
Stu

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Richard Quinn

posted on 13/6/09 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
My suggestion would be to get your car back instead! You're mad! (off to donate/sponsor)
Stuart Walker

posted on 13/6/09 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Richard!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.