Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: Bye Bye Locost
slimtater

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:07 PM
Yep, taken a few steps back, had a cup of tea, packed for my holidays.

The signature editing still is a disgrace. The original "issue" isn't an unusual one on a forum to be honest, but the reaction by those in charge is.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/19919222

Howlor

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Calvinix should come back as a ref

Now your talking, bring back the proper discussions / arguments. Welding I recall was his pet subject!

Steve G

quote:
Originally posted by spikehaus
All done, is this small enough now? Its a shame you can see it!

There was a thread about it by der management asking for people to resize avatars to save Fozzie having to contact people individually

link

Paul (Notts)

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:08 PM
quote:

I've thought about it - and still find the Signature that ChrisW put onto every single one of ChrisG's post very petty. To ban him is one thing..... but to do that is below the belt imho.

Sorry, but have to disagree with you on that. Its certainly not petty. Its simply making it clear ( from ChrisW point ) what has happened.

Paul

scottc

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:08 PM
quote:

LOL

http://www.sotoconnect.com

handyandy

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Paul (Notts)
quote:

I've thought about it - and still find the Signature that ChrisW put onto every single one of ChrisG's post very petty. To ban him is one thing..... but to do that is below the belt imho.

Sorry, but have to disagree with you on that. Its certainly not petty. Its simply making it clear ( from ChrisW point ) what has happened.

Paul

But Paul, a signature is a personal part of a members profile, not a place to "get back" at a member for their actions no matter how annoyed ChrisW is/was with what created the bad feeling, or is the signature just somewhere for "forum management" to control something about a member???
Chris Gibbs can now not even get onto this forum to respond but yet every post he has written is slurred with that signature ????? that is horrendous IMO.

its like someone painting nasty comments with gloss paint across someones property but not allowed to scrub it off.

DISGUSTING

Andy

flak monkey

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by prawnabie
quote:
Originally posted by dinosaurjuice
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
spikehaus - you may want to resize your avatar. There is a restriction on the size of it (150 pixels iirc)

speedyxjs, your avatar is 200pix wide

It doesn't matter, its a jjaaaaaggggggg!

Nice one

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

afj

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:25 PM
how about i lighten the mood BEC is better than CEC

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Steve G

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:25 PM
quote:
quote:

Paul

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one i think Paul. I dont think its appropriate for Admin / site owners to stoop to a signature that looks like ChrisG could have written it himself. Doesnt look good to anyone visiting the site who hasnt seen whats happened surely. Just think the signature was unnecessary really

Benzine

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:29 PM
quote:

Srsly? XD Try reading it back to youself again

[Edited on 20/7/09 by Benzine]

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
prawnabie

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:32 PM
What it all boils down to is the fact that chrisw owns the site, he makes the rules and exercises them in a way he sees fit.

Poor fozz has to back chris up regardless of her views, and being customer facing, is getting all the grief!

Chris g is well know enough not to fade into obscurity and does have his own forum to fall back on.

I agree its a shame all of this has happened, but the more it is carried on, the longer it will take for the powers that be to make a decision on what happens next.

Jon Ison

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:36 PM
mmmmmmmm, ok here goes.

I know exactly what as happened here, Chris as posted something that as been took the wrong way, the other Chris as retaliated and that as been took the wrong way, (prior to the sig been altered which is ott imho to) two partied believe they are right, neither will back down so its stale mate.

These things happen on Internet forums, its the problem with the written word, you cant see any facial expressions as its been written, I'm sure had it not been written but said with the spoken word over a pint at a club meeting for example it would have been laughed at by all concerned.

anyhow only one way to resolve it

Chris 1 & Chris 2, talk to each other, laugh it off and move on, life's to short and not a dress rehearsal.

Steve G

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:41 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
anyhow only one way to resolve it

Chris 1 & Chris 2, talk to each other, laugh it off and move on, life's to short and not a dress rehearsal.

Agreed...... and in the way it should have been sorted out in the first place - in private via U2U / email.

graememk

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:47 PM
must admit it looks like someone has PMT.

i replied to his post as a joke assuming it was posted as a joke.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:57 PM
Benzine

now I have put my reading glasses on and looked again -----

I am still of the same opinion.

Paul

Steve G

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:57 PM
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
must admit it looks like someone has PMT.

i replied to his post as a joke assuming it was posted as a joke.

I thought you were ChrisW there at first with that avatar!!

JUD

posted on 20/7/09 at 09:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison

Wise words - tell me about it...

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

Steve Hignett

posted on 20/7/09 at 10:12 PM
Pathetic...
(as per...)

Liam

posted on 20/7/09 at 10:17 PM
No problems with the for sale forum rule personally. As somebody mentioned - freeloaders have it pretty good here compared to some places. But what an idiotic response to an obvious (and pretty funny) joke! Sigh...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bonzoronnie

posted on 20/7/09 at 10:18 PM
quote:
Benzine

now I have put my reading glasses on and looked again -----

I am still of the same opinion.

Paul

Should have gone to spec savers

Sorry if that is classed as advertising

DarrenW

posted on 20/7/09 at 10:36 PM
quote:

And what makes you think he has gone anywhere?

blakep82

posted on 20/7/09 at 10:49 PM
i was a bit disappointed by the ??? thread being closed

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

DavidM

posted on 20/7/09 at 11:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
quote:

And what makes you think he has gone anywhere?

I doubt anybody cares either way.

David

Proportion is Everything

TheGecko

posted on 20/7/09 at 11:48 PM
As a long time member of the old Yahoo locost list (TOL) I remember well when it fell apart and splintered into a variety of other lists. Now what was the catalyst for that explosion?....... That's right - it was because two members treated a mail list with a few thousand members as if it was their own private chat line to bounce stupid messages to and fro. Now who were those members? Why, surprise, surprise, Chris Gibbons (plastictankman) and Chris Gibbs.

Does it surprise me to again see master Gibbs at the centre of a forum sh*t storm? Not in the least. Do I think the reaction by Chris W is over the top? Absolutely, but it's his forum (i.e. he pays the bills) so it's up to him to run it how he wants.

I suspect Chris Gibbs was the sort of child who would have been found poking animals through the bars at the zoo and, when ejected, would have complained "But I was just having a bit of fun!?".

Anyway - Mr Storm, meet Mr Teacup.

Dominic

ChrisW

posted on 20/7/09 at 11:51 PM
I'll make one reply to this issue, and one reply only. The facts are as follows.

Chris has been a pain in the backside since day 1 of this site. I've lost track of the number of times he's been warned in the past, and in fact I'm sure he's been banned at least once, most likely more, in previous years and subsequently let back on the promise of behaving himself.

Every time something gets changed on the site, I see the same name popping up stirring up trouble. Maybe it's a coincidence that he's got a clone site on a similar subject. I use the word clone purposely, as right down to the forum headings it bears a striking resemblance.

I've even put up with his blantant plugs for his own site in his signature as I feel the volume of users and wealth of information here shines through.

In a strikingly common way, Chris has been stirring up trouble since the non-Contributor restrictions were brought in at the weekend. He was asked to stop, yet instead of doing so, he posted again trying to stir up trouble.

This is by no means an isolated event, and not down to any one post, topic, or reply.

He was banned from posting earlier, and left with the lifeline of u2u capabilities in the hope that he would contact me regarding the situation. Instead of doing so, his avatar was changed, and the u2u function was instead used to try to stir up more trouble in an attempt to get users to move across. His signature was also changed to a sarcastic message to do the same.

This latest series of events are the final, final straw and hence he has been banned. I've given in before and let him back, but it has been proved time and time again that his sole intention is to stir up trouble and waste time for both Fozzie and myself, which we should be spending on more productive tasks, and in turn causes a negative effect for all other users of the forum.

In short, Chris feels he is in some way superior to everyone else, and can say and do what he wants. Whether this is in some way related to his position on the Haynes site is for you to decide. However, it is my decision that his behaviour will not be tolerated any more on this site, and that is my final word on the subject.

Cheers, Chris

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.