Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OT...Recommend me somewhere to park in Edinburgh
grassracer

posted on 3/12/09 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
OT...Recommend me somewhere to park in Edinburgh

Coming up to Edinburgh shortly for a couple of days and will be staying at the Travelodge in Shandwick Place EH2 4RG. It says on the website that there is no parking attached so I'm looking for a long stay car park fairly close by which won't cost the earth, is open 24hrs and where my car will still be there safe and sound, where I left it when I return. Don't know the area at all can anyone recommend me somewhere. Also could do with recommendations for a nice breakfast at a Locost price within walking distance of that Travelodge, don't want to pay for their overpriced rubbish!!! Strange request yes but any help would be great, thanks
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
andyharding

posted on 3/12/09 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
Google is your friend...

LINKY

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

Mr Whippy

posted on 3/12/09 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
I went through Edinburgh at night 2 weeks ago and got massively lost due to the main streets being closed, that after saying to Missy how easy it was to drive through there and still end up at the bridge

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mcerd1

posted on 3/12/09 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
I've been avoiding driving in the town centre for the last 2 years its a nightmare

and f***ing pointless trams - Heres there list of the roads that they've closed for that: linky

Castle Terrace is the only public carpark I can think of at the west end of the centre
But Castle Terrace, Waverly station, the Omni ctr (aka greenside) and the one at the back of john lewis are all extortionate - I can't think of any others anywhere near there
(sorry I know that’s not much help)

and watch out for the traffic wardens they are right b******s
linky and map

if it were me I'd just find a space in quieter street outside the controlled areas

[Edited on 3/12/09 by mcerd1]

-

200mph

posted on 3/12/09 at 10:08 AM Reply With Quote
The Castle Terrace car park is your closest and probably most secure (full of lawyers cars) but it's very expensive. The Morrison St. one is further away but cheaper, and very busy so wouldn't expect any problems in terms of security.

Other option is to leave it at the park and ride near the airport and get the bus into town - it's only 20 mins.

There are some very nice eatieries on the West end of Georget St - an excellent breakfast is guaranteed. I can't recall any cheap n cheerful places off the top of my head though

If it isn't broke, fix it until it is

grassracer

posted on 3/12/09 at 12:09 PM Reply With Quote
Park and ride looks good...free parking and £1.20 on the bus. Spot on thanks
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
dave1888

posted on 3/12/09 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Park and ride cheap option but further away from shity centre, all tram works have now ceased for the festive period but many roads are still closed. Westend where you are going is a nightmare of galactic proportions for traffic. enjoy.

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 3/12/09 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
As a resident of Edinburgh (studying here) I would say go the bus route - park and ride - get a dat ticket for about £3. The buses are the best way to get about (silly trams) and you dont have to worry about the traffic jams!

charlie_pank

posted on 3/12/09 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Good breakfast can be had at any one of a squillion places. Just steer clear of Queen St, George St, Princes St and George IVth bridge.

Would have offered you a garage to keep your car in, in the centre, but it's currently got many bits of car spread all over it.

[Edited on 3/12/09 by charlie_pank]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.