Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: critical error: d3d_error_c
andrew-theasby

posted on 30/12/09 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
critical error: d3d_error_c

Hi, can anybody help please, my uncle got a game for his pc for christmas called wings of honour, battles of the red baron. It installs fine, then when you open it, it plays a demo type video then before it gets to the menus, it shuts down and says critical error: d3d_error_c. Ive googled it and other people have had the same problem, and suggest its to do with direct x. The disc comes with direct x 9 and installs that during the game installation, ive tried run and "dxdiag" and it shows were on version 9 too. Ive also updated the graphics card driver. Any other suggestions please before i send it back? Thanks
McLannahan

posted on 30/12/09 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
That does look like a DirectX error. Is it worth trying DX10? I think 11 is out now for newer OS's?

I've known discs to have older software on than actually needed so possibly worth a try?

andrew-theasby

posted on 30/12/09 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
its windows xp if that makes any difference, i wondered about direct x 10, but when i looked for it, it said you need to create a system restore point incase it goes wrong as its not reversible? That worried me a bit with it not being my own computer, could anyone tell me how to do it safely? Thanks
McLannahan

posted on 30/12/09 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
System restore is rarely needed when it comes to device drivers IHMO. You can always roll back pre-DX10 so shouldn't be an issue. Good Luck!
02GF74

posted on 31/12/09 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
send it back and tell your uncle to get a proper hobby like building a car.

MikeR

posted on 31/12/09 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Re-install direct X9, then re-install the game - should sort it.

The issue could be if its deigned for a very specific version of direct x9 - although this is very unlikely these days. Used to occur years ago.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.