Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: nice
JoelP

posted on 8/1/10 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
nice

quote:
The smoke flavourings are products which can be added to foods to give them a "smoked" flavour, as an alternative to traditional smoking.

EFSA says it "cannot rule out concerns" about a flavouring called Primary Product AM 01, which is obtained from beech wood.

The wood particles are burnt under controlled conditions and the hot vapours are dissolved in a solvent.

Think i'll just have glue for breakfast

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8448184.stm

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

scootz

posted on 8/1/10 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Bugger... I love most smoked foods!

It's Evolution Baby!

RichardK

posted on 8/1/10 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
I'll stick to kebabs thanks....

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Peteff

posted on 8/1/10 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
Holy Mackerel there Batman ! Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast. A lot of furniture is made from beech wood, they probably make the stuff by burning old sofas.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

balidey

posted on 8/1/10 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
This week X news agency / Government laboratory* reports that Y, which we have all been eating for years now contains dangerous levels of Z. Despite recent claims of it actually reducing the chances of Strokes / Heart disease / itchy ball *.

Delete as appropriate etc etc

These stories fail to interest me now

posted on 9/1/10 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
Sadly, it's all down to cost, driven by the consumer.

It's cheaper to dye a piece of haddock bright yellow than it is to smoke it.

Give me a proper kipper or smoked haddock any day, even if I can only buy half as much.

Don't even mention "black" bacon. (dribble)

Paul G

johnston

posted on 9/1/10 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Heres my theory.

Early heart attacks are said to run in my family, dad had one in early 40's.

Granda had alziemers again they say it could be hereditary.

Eat what I want enjoy myself and die young. Live by the rules be a sad bastard and live to be a vegetable and not remember not enjoying myself!! mmmmmm hard choice.

That said I don't eat particularly well BUT most stuff is home made not ready meals not from a jar, meat comes fresh from the butchers. I drink, eat crisps and chocolate and like a fry done in the frying pan and chips done in the frier and strong chedder by the block. Exercise is practically nonexistant.

But yet a recent ECG shows my heart to be in good shape, cholesterol is right bang where it is supposed to be so is my blood sugar and after taking my blood pressure and pulse the doc said I could have bluffed that I run 10 mile a day .

I know what I do with government advice!! IGNORE IT

JoelP

posted on 9/1/10 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by balidey
This week X news agency / Government laboratory* reports that Y, which we have all been eating for years now contains dangerous levels of Z. Despite recent claims of it actually reducing the chances of Strokes / Heart disease / itchy ball *.

Delete as appropriate etc etc

These stories fail to interest me now

its not the 'another thing may be bad for you' aspect. What would you say if you came in from work and the wife was busy dissolving ash in solvent for your tea? Its outrageous the crap they put in food.

[Edited on 9/1/10 by JoelP]

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.