Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Will an AJP V8 and T5 bo fit a fury?
DIY Si

posted on 19/5/10 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Will an AJP V8 and T5 bo fit a fury?

Basically, as per the title really. Do you reckon that the 4.2 V8 from a Cerbera will fit in a fury? Ignoring bonnet clearances for now, just will it fit the chassis? And will the box fit in the transmission tunnel?

Cheers all.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

scootz

posted on 19/5/10 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure about the T5, but the AJP V8 is impressively compact!

It's Evolution Baby!

clairetoo

posted on 19/5/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
The T5 (if it's the same as found behind a Cosworth ?) will fit , after extensive chassis/tunnel mods...........leaving very narrow footwells

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

philw

posted on 19/5/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've thought about this before and decided against it(for health reasons), the engine is indeed compact and light 120kgs, but having had a Cerbera the engine propelled that along at stupidly quick speeds(very very fast to 100 you then put your foot down and off it went again), and unless you were sensible with your right foot it would chew you up and spit you out, so with the light weight of in my case a Stylus i decided against it.

I was going along a stretch of tarmac when i had the car, i was doing 60mph and within less than a mile i was traveling at just over
180, just to give you some idea

Here she is

[Edited on [1274296241R0=073131p: by philw]

Must try harder

scootz

posted on 19/5/10 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
One of the best looking Trevor's was the Cerbie (IMHO!), and yours looks a cracker!

It's Evolution Baby!

StevieB

posted on 19/5/10 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't have thought the space to fit the engine would be so imporatant as the chassis's ability to handle the power/torque without distorting very quickly.

And I have to agree - the cerbera is a beautiful machine. When I was at 6th form in blackpool doing A Level mechanical engineering, we used to get tours of the factory on a regular basis. We got to see the first ever cerbera before it was ever unveiled to the public a couple of weeks later

scudderfish

posted on 19/5/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
The V8 Furys had a different chassis to the regular ones to allow for the bellhousing/gearbox. Your more than welcome to come and measure up mine it you want (it's a Rover V8 though)

I was always tempted by the idea on an LS1...

DIY Si

posted on 20/5/10 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Fish, when you say the V8 Furies were different, do you know how different?

Claire, yes, I believe it is the same as the Cosworth T5 box, although I'm not 100% sure on that yet.

And whilst I am kind of aware just how silly an idea this is, at the moment it is just one of those idle moments of thinking about to shoehorn too big an engine into what maybe too little car.

Also, any chassis would be strengthened to take the power, as even I think 360 bhp and 320 lb-ft may be pushing it a wee bit......

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

scudderfish

posted on 20/5/10 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
I believe it is mainly the tunnel is significantly wider at the expense of the footwells.
Brommers

posted on 20/5/10 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
Basically, as per the title really. Do you reckon that the 4.2 V8 from a Cerbera will fit in a fury? Ignoring bonnet clearances for now, just will it fit the chassis? And will the box fit in the transmission tunnel?

Cheers all.

That combo's been put in a Sylva Phoenix, so I don't see why not. Might require some chassis changes, but it'll basically work.

DIY Si

posted on 20/5/10 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brommers
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si

Cheers all.

That combo's been put in a Sylva Phoenix, so I don't see why not. Might require some chassis changes, but it'll basically work.

Any idea of some links or info on that? Sounds just up my street!

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Brommers

posted on 21/5/10 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
'fraid not. Saw some pictures of it many years ago, and rather liked the idea of it, but didn't save any of the piccies.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.