Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fed up with Legard on F1 ? then complain.
britishtrident

posted on 31/5/10 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Fed up with Legard on F1 ? then complain.

It is fairly clear around the the F1 websites that most F1 fans who watch F1 on the Beeb are less than enchanted with Jonathan Legard's constant meaningless prattle and name dropping --- Surprisingly I really don't care if he had dinner with Christian Horner or the guy who cleans the toilets for Virgin racing on Thursday night.
I am really fed up with him cutting in on Martin Brundle who is quite simply the best in the business.

So get complaining

https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/

[Edited on 31/5/10 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

jos

posted on 31/5/10 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
I dont mind Legard its that pillock Jordan that I cant stand

[Edited on 31/5/10 by jos]

.: Motorsport / motor racing circuit / track wall art Apex Traxs :.

Lurch88

posted on 31/5/10 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Done!
richardh

posted on 31/5/10 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
agreed on both counts above!

Time for a change!

SeanStone

posted on 31/5/10 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
I have also sent in my complaint. He really is terrible.
thunderace

posted on 31/5/10 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
i only like dc
speedyxjs

posted on 31/5/10 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Done but it is a bit of a long winded process. Why couldnt they just have all the drop don lists in one page?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

designer

posted on 31/5/10 at 06:15 PM Reply With Quote
Agree, keep Legard and get rid of Jordan AND DC. Both rubbish.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Madinventions

posted on 31/5/10 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Fat complaint about that prat Jordan and the irritating Legard submitted. Irritating pr!cks.

DC and Brundle to commentate, Jake to introduce. Get rid of Legard and Jordan.

[Edited on 31/5/10 by Madinventions]

Mojo build diary: http://www.madinventions.co.uk

Solo music project: Syrrenfor http://www.reverbnation.com/syrrenfor

View my band website:
http://www.shadowlight.org.uk

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk/

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 31/5/10 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I hate Legard but for some reason i quite enjoy jordans bumbling, its a bit like watching a comedy. I can't take anything he says seriously, must be a strange sense of humour i have!!

scootz

posted on 31/5/10 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I would say that ousting Jordan should be the priority... he's beyond embarrassing!

It's Evolution Baby!

GeoffT

posted on 31/5/10 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say I've got some sympathy for the guy. He has that thankless task of filling in the commentary when all the experts and pundits have run out of things to say, and nothing really exciting is happening out on track.

It's one of those jobs where it's very easy to criticise but actually very hard to do - you try and ad lib on a favourite subject for just five minutes without rambling, let alone two hours, you'll find it harder than you think.

Not saying there aren't others who could do it better - it's not an easy job though....

[Edited on 31/5/10 by GeoffT]

Daddylonglegs

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Must admit, I didn't really think DC did much of a job on the track considering the amount of time he spent in some really top teams/cars, but of the 3 I think he does a sterling job of casting a driver's eye view on proceedings.

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

loggyboy

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Murray was as useless as legard is, but somehow murray is regarded as a legend?

I just want DC to stick to what he is talking about, rather than saying '...... as we see blah blah blah drive past us in to the blah blah blah, what was i saying?....'
Every time DC says 'as we see' i cringe!

myke pocock

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
Jordan. The man's a prick! Nuf said.
hicost blade

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

I just want DC to stick to what he is talking about, rather than saying '...... as we see blah blah blah drive past us in to the blah blah blah, what was i saying?....'

The only reason why I won't complain about leggend is because there is a tiny chance they may bring back hurried stalker!! and his god awful uneducated screaming

I truly believe the rest of the BBC team do a sterling job, unlike team ITV and their stupid 'race suits'

And I think that Martin Brundle is THE best commentator on television

delboy

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Can't disagree with the comments about Legard and Jordan, however, if you think that they are bad just watch Keith Hewen on Sky, he's the biggest to$$er ever to comment on any kind of motor sport ever, IMHO. If you need tortured watch Sky sports when they brodcast the NASCAR on a Monday for about an hour, absolutely awful. He's so bad it made me get a dish fitted to my house so I could watch NASCAR on open access 3, a channel which you can't get on cable. Great to watch, full coverage from the US live with their commentators.

[Edited on 31/5/10 by delboy]

coozer

posted on 31/5/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
All I can say is F1 IS RUBBISH.

Can I complain and get it shifted onto C5???

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

BenB

posted on 31/5/10 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
I don't mind Legard, not that keen on Eddie. He tends to prattle on and change his tune accourding to the music that's playing at the moment I think DC and Brundle are best.....
andrew

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
did anybody notice that edie jordan looked like he had a nappy on under his trousers from some angles ,,,
iank

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

Murray was a legend only because he was entertaining. Especially when, more than once iirc, he said something along the lines of 'he can't lose now..... he's crashed!!'

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

craig1410

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Brundle is a true legend, Jordan is a bit awkward sometimes but he is growing on me to be honest. DC really knows his stuff and I think he comes across quite well although there are times I think he could lighten up a bit and enjoy himself a bit more. Tango Echo Delta is very competent and Lee is sexy enough to get the drivers to talk to her and knows her stuff enough to get a good interview once she has caught the drivers' eyes.

Legard is very bland and emotionless in my opinion although I fully appreciate that the job is not easy. You only need to listen to Ant and Crofty on Radio 5 Live to hear how it should be done. Ant is like Brundle in many ways but at 1.5 times speed, Crofty is on another planet compared to Legard.

I would be very interested to hear Brundle, Ant and Crofty together. Crofty and Ant could do their usual commentary with Brundle chipping in with the insightful stuff when appropriate. THAT would be great I think. Why do we need two commentary teams anyway? Let's just have one good one which will suit radio and TV alike.

DC, Ted, Lee and Jake could continue in the pit lane as before.

On a side note, does anyone else have a new found respect for James Allen? I really miss him to be honest... Don't tell anyone...

Craig.

gottabedone

posted on 1/6/10 at 05:48 AM Reply With Quote
On my way to work so my bid is:

Keep DC and Martin because they are ex-drivers and have been there.....Bring in Vicky Butler Henderson for some more tecchie knowledge, a bit of ooh err and her wicked laugh
Lose that idiot Legard and Eddie Jordan who just seems to want to be controversial.... and get the cleaner to cover for toilet breaks

I mean who else will go on prime time British TV and comment about pikies laying tarmac you can't write that stuff

Vindi_andy

posted on 1/6/10 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
I love the combination of DC and Brundle both ex drivers one from an older period one from a more recent time.

I actually like some of the point Jordan has and very occasionally he makes sense.

Jake is doing a great job with the introduction and post race discussion but legard is too bland. Agreed it is a difficult job to do but it does need someone with a bit more charisma.

Someone said in a previous post about bringning in VBH now that would be a great team me thinks. VBH and Brundle what a combination.

Maybe replace lee with Suzy Perry formerly from the bike racing currently on the gadget show. Suzy perry in racing leathers MMMMMMMMM.

sorry guys got carried away there need to go for a cold shower now.

Fozzie

posted on 1/6/10 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by delboy
Can't disagree with the comments about Legard and Jordan, however, if you think that they are bad just watch Keith Hewen on Sky, he's the biggest to$$er ever to comment on any kind of motor sport ever, IMHO. If you need tortured watch Sky sports when they brodcast the NASCAR on a Monday for about an hour, absolutely awful. He's so bad it made me get a dish fitted to my house so I could watch NASCAR on open access 3, a channel which you can't get on cable. Great to watch, full coverage from the US live with their commentators.

[Edited on 31/5/10 by delboy]

Totally agree with you re Keith Hewen.....but he only presented Nascar along with John Mickel and a.n. other, who was so rivetting I can't remember his name........

I really really miss my NASCAR .....

However, when the race was on, it was handed over to the 'Team' (American) to do the commentary, and most of them talked total rubbish too.....

I must confess to not having watched a single F1 this year ....
I prefer to 'watch' it on the F1 web site's Live Timing .......
The whole commentary thing (Brundle excepted) I find toe-curlingly embarrassing....
It puts me off watching....

DC is a great guy without a doubt, but he really hasn't got the 'TV persona' ....

All above IMHO ....

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.