Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Castle Combe question.
ahunt

posted on 26/7/10 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
Castle Combe question.

Hey, This might of been asked a few time before but i didnt look hard enough in the search.

But....... Eventhough my car hasent been IVA'ed yet. I see on there website they say you car has to be up to MOT standard. My car is more than upto that standard i just want to give it a blast just to test it to see if it needs any alterations. Do the scrutineer not like this? as i wont have number plates ether.

Thanks Adam

matt_claydon

posted on 26/7/10 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
No, it'll be fine. Loads of non-registered cars on trackdays.
spdpug98

posted on 26/7/10 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Just be aware of the very very strict noise regs at Castle Combe

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

ahunt

posted on 26/7/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
wow fast responce!

Ok awesome thats aload of my mind!!! I shall get the DB reader out and see what it reads i dont think its louder than 100db's

Thanks alot!

paulbeyer

posted on 26/7/10 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
As already mentioned, noise is what they test for. I've done Castle Combe many times and the noise test is carried out at 4500 rpm. I can't remember the max limit but I am sure it is below 100db. You should be able to find out from their web site. My car always tests around 96db and passes ok. There is no other form of scrutineering involved so as long as you pass the noise test you will be fine.
If you have never driven at Combe before I guarantee you will take a different line through Quarry every time. Its a bugger to master and the apex is almost impossible to hit consistently. As you come up over Avon Rise, heavy on the brakes aim at the traffic lights straight ahead and turn in at the last moment and at that point the apex will be over your right shoulder.

7 out of 10 people suffer with hemorrhoids. Does that mean the other 3 enjoy them?

JonnyS

posted on 27/7/10 at 06:05 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulbeyer

If you have never driven at Combe before I guarantee you will take a different line through Quarry every time. Its a bugger to master and the apex is almost impossible to hit consistently. As you come up over Avon Rise, heavy on the brakes aim at the traffic lights straight ahead and turn in at the last moment and at that point the apex will be over your right shoulder.

Yes do this, don't take the saloon car line which is further to the left...

ahunt

posted on 27/7/10 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
Awesome thanks for the advice. Ive been on track there only once in my Vaux powered mini. but that again was only a test before i sold it. But i shall be visiting combe in this more than once hopefully.

Cheers!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.