Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: yamaha r1 2008 problem
shorts

posted on 23/10/10 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
yamaha r1 2008 problem

i have got my motor fired up but it will only fire up for a second then cuts out, if you hold the start button down it will run all day it seems. has anyone got any ideas what it could be ??

cheers

Dave

barbarianbeast

posted on 23/10/10 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
never had that problem with my 2008 r1, could be a few different things. have you checked the obvious stuff like the tilt and kill switches. this web page helped when I did mine. I know its the older engine but makes a handy check list.

http://www.robcollingridge.com/kitcar/design/engine/electrics.html

and just make sure all the earth points are sound. they always cause weird problems

austin man

posted on 23/10/10 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
is the supply to the coil correct ie youve have just put a supply via the starter switch have you ? I would think it needs an ignition switched live to it

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

shorts

posted on 24/10/10 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
r1 probs

quote:
Originally posted by barbarianbeast
never had that problem with my 2008 r1, could be a few different things. have you checked the obvious stuff like the tilt and kill switches. this web page helped when I did mine. I know its the older engine but makes a handy check list.

http://www.robcollingridge.com/kitcar/design/engine/electrics.html

and just make sure all the earth points are sound. they always cause weird problems
Hi yes i have checked all the tilt and other cut outs all ok, I'm now wandering if its the fuel pump relay. but stilll open to ideas of what it maybe.

Thanks

Dave

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.