Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: can anyone reccomend the best HTC phone
Duncan Mould

posted on 3/11/10 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
can anyone reccomend the best HTC phone

Looking at getting my new upgrade and was quite impressed at the HTC range, but with so many to look at is there anyone out there who is using one and would reccomend it. Nothing to do with cars I know but it will keep me updated on ebay when bidding for car stuff.
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 3/11/10 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
I would look into whether you want and android os or windowos 7 phone. That cuts your choice down by half straight away.

Personally I'm wanting the desire HD or the regular desire as a second choice

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

corrado vr6

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I have just bought a HTC wildfire and really impressed with that I find it harder to type on than my iPhone but that's due to the size! My mates got the Desire regular one and it is really impressive can do more than the iPhone which is impressive! From seeing my mates Desire I'd say you couldn't go far wrong!! HTH Greg

edited to add that the wildfire is smaller than the Desire hence why i was saying it was harder to type on, didnt want to put you off the higher model!

[Edited on 3/11/10 by corrado vr6]

http://r1indy7.wordpress.com/

lsdweb

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Just had an HTC desire and it seems excellent! Typing this on it!

Steve Hignett

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Typing this on my HTC Hero. I know that's no help as Its an outdated model, but just thought I'd add that I'm very happy with the phone/brand...

cerbera

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
I've got the Wildfire and I think its great. I've no doubt it's not as good as an iphone or desire but the monthly contract for mine is far less

twybrow

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
We have HTC Touch2 phones, and they suck...! Great for email, awful for anything else. It is Windows Mobile - it is incredibly unstable. I am on my 2nd in 6 months. Some of my colleagues got throguh so many they went back to basic Nokias instead!

Get the newer ones that dont run Windows, or install another O/S on an older model and you should be ok...

mads

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
having looked at the HTC range myself i will probably be going for the HTC Desire HD as mentioned above. Really good and gives the iPhone 4 a run for its money. Only major downfall of it that I've read about is the battery life is not that great. If you dont mind charging it every day or two then a very good piece of kit with some excellent features.

Oh, and as it's only come out last month it is still a little pricey but nothing compared to the iPhone

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

mads

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
having looked at the HTC range myself i will probably be going for the HTC Desire HD as mentioned above. Really good and gives the iPhone 4 a run for its money. Only major downfall of it that I've read about is the battery life is not that great. If you dont mind charging it every day or two then a very good piece of kit with some excellent features.

Oh, and as it's only come out last month it is still a little pricey but nothing compared to the iPhone

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

UncleFista

posted on 3/11/10 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a "mid-contract boredom" phone a month or so back, a cheapo Android phone.
I have to say it's streets ahead of my old symbian phone and I'll be getting a desire in 2-3 months when my contract's up.

BTW if anyone's after a cheap (but excellent) android phone for themselves or for the kids for christmas, have a look at the Orange San Fransisco . It's a rebadged ZTE Blade, costs £80-£100. It's unbelievably good value.
It can be unlocked to any network too

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

MonkeyBoyJnr

posted on 3/11/10 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I've had my HTC Desire HD for 2 weeks now, and I can honestly say it's the best phone I've ever had (and I've had a few)! Only thing that lets it down slightly is the battery life. But as i'm out on the road all day with it plugged in on charge, it's not really an issue for me. Better than an iPhone in my opinion too.
ashg

posted on 3/11/10 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
i have got a htc desire. all i can say is love it. battery life used to be a bit poor but they have cured it with the latest software update.

as for it giving the iphone 4 a run for its money thats an understatement its much better

[Edited on 4/11/2010 by ashg]

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

loggyboy

posted on 3/11/10 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
My previous phone was an 02 orbit (aka htc artemis), it was great for functions, (internet, gps, outlook, link to work pc) but it was let down by battery life.

Current one is an o2 ignito (HTC touch diamond), again great on functions as above with a great touch screen and interface, but still very rubbish on battery.

Im currently looking at new options so will be keeping an eye on this thread with interest.

Current fave is the Mini HD, as its windows based which i prefer.

DorsetStrider

posted on 3/11/10 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
I've been using HTC phones for about 5 or 6 years and have always been very happy and impressed with them.

That said my current one is not as good as I had hoped (I forget which one it is but it's a few years old now anyway)

I've always had HTC windows phones but for my next one I'll be looking at android. The windows mobile operating system is quiet limiting I find when compared to the modern (post Iphone) operating systems.

Who the f**K tightened this up!

Duncan Mould

posted on 3/11/10 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks you have all confirmed my thoughts.
imp paul

posted on 3/11/10 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
htc evo is very nice but wow ££££
mad4x4

posted on 3/11/10 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
had the old HTC TYTN II for year going strong. Upgraded about 2.5 weeks ago to Desire HD - Brill phone.... Only problem is battrey , but if you "root " it with visonary and then install "SETCPU" it went from about 12 hrs to about 26hrs. Not bad considering we get zero signal in the house and it is constanly searching or saying limited service....

Getting in to the habit of charging... Charged it on way to work this morning (about an hour) and it lasted all day with heavy use.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

coozer

posted on 3/11/10 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
Is the Wildfire one any good?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Agriv8

posted on 4/11/10 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
just upgraded to a second hand Touch 2 and found it brilliant so good just bought 1 for wife. I am on my 3rd HTC ( all windows mobile )

Htc's tag line summs it up very well 'Quietly Brilliant' )

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

will121

posted on 4/11/10 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Is the Wildfire one any good?

i just got a wildfire at teh weekend, free phone £20/month 300min unlimited text 500 net download, i did look at the new desire HD which was great but £40/month and didnt see the benefit, only thing is wildfire is not that big screen so keys little bit cramped but fits in pocket ok, battery life goes down quickly if you leave the wireless on all the time, it also seems to have available all the decent app's too

TimEllershaw

posted on 4/11/10 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a HTC Legend (Android) and think it is great. Nice build quality, good solid feel, nice size that fits in your hand.

At work I have been developing software for a fleet of HTC HD2 (Windows). Bigger device, maybe toooo big, and don't like it as much. Less happy with Windows mobile.

As said above, battery life on all of them can be an issue. If you have GPS, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc, etc, all turned on then it can flatten the battery very quickly.

Tim.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 4/11/10 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
I've had HTC phones for ages now and they have all been superb. Current have A HTC HD2 which is an older version of the Desire HD by the look of it.

Superb and I recommend them to anyone looking for a new phone.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

D Beddows

posted on 4/11/10 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I've got a Touch HD which was upgraded to windows 6.5 and had various other tweeks by the previous owner and for a windows phone that cost £130 it's amazing!

dhutch

posted on 4/11/10 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
I looked a month ago (contracts got three weeks left) and decided the Legend was the model for me.

I believe the wildfire is the entry spec, smaller and less powerfull model, desire is the top spec, legend sits between the two in terms of spec but unlike the other two features an single peice alumium chassis/case and is hence more durable (as good thing for me) and replaces the simularly named hero.

Daniel

RazMan

posted on 4/11/10 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
I just upgraded my old HTC to a Desire and it is a much better than the iphone 4. Android is such a good operating system and very tweakable - you won't regret it!

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.