Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Carbon Fibre effect vinyl stuff
bigandy

posted on 16/12/10 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
Carbon Fibre effect vinyl stuff

Afternoon all,

Can anyone recommend some of the satin carbon fibre effect vinyl? I want to wrap the bonnet of my van, and could do with a recommendation for some good stuff to use (preferably not too expensive too!).

Secondly, does anyone know if the CF vinyl will take standard vinyl lettering on top, without lifting after a few months subjected to the North Wales weather doing its worst?

Cheers
Andy

Dammit! Too many decisions....

Stott

posted on 16/12/10 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
3M Di-Noc is the best stuff but it isn't cheap.

I don't think it will take vinyl over the top very well though as it is textured.

HTH
STott

greggors84

posted on 16/12/10 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
One of the Merc DTM teams had their car and race truck covered in carbon fibre effect vinyl. Was pretty smooth so you would be able to stick letters over the top. Didnt look real close up but was good from a distance. I think the better it looks, the more textured it is so you will have problem sticking things on top without them coming off.

Not much help as I cant remember which team it was but im sure it was one of the works AMG teams. Team HWA maybe.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

quikishsilver

posted on 16/12/10 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Probably one of the best places to look would be Ebay, for cheap yet good quality 3M Di-noc vinyl.

I order a sheet that had the surface area to cover 3 roof panels for £80 delivered for Hong Kong i think it was..

So if you filter it to International sellers your more than likely get more Vinyl for your money if you can wait for it to be delivered.

Hope that helps

chunky2772

posted on 16/12/10 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
I bought my vinyl from hong kong though ebay it took about 4 weeks to arrive and was half the price of buying here in uk.
its textured so no good for putting stickers over it but the quality was 2nd to none.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.