Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap desk top PC wanted
Duncan Mould

posted on 18/12/10 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Cheap desk top PC wanted

Hi am looking for a cheap desk top PC with good storage capacity and a quickish processor.
This does not need to be connected to net and is only rarely used at work. I have the monitor and keyboard etc.
Do not want to spend to much, as the money could be better spent on kit car parts. Can anyone on here recommend anything.

RazMan

posted on 18/12/10 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
If you want second hand I've got a mini tower with an ok spec going cheap - how does £70 grab you?

*edit* Here's the approx spec:
Packard Bell IMEDIA i Media 5054 desktop PC. Intel Celeron 2GHZ Ram 256 MB, 60Gb ish Hard Drive . Its not going to win any speed trials but it runs XP fine and I can include some software of your choice

Second thoughts - £50 would do it but it would need collecting.

I also have a Compusys Cube with a bit better spec but needs a hard drive - £50 collected

[Edited on 18-12-10 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
britishtrident

posted on 19/12/10 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Seriously Don't buy an old Packard-HELL they are the regarded in the trade as the worst computers to keep working as they get older and they are exclusively bound to support through PC World.

You will get more respected make computers cheap from Morgan
http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=6077&CategoryID=407&SubCategoryID=

mikegsi

posted on 19/12/10 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'm selling my desktop PC after splashing out on a top spec laptop

It's a HP SR2129UK, has an Intel Core 2 Duo chip running at 6300 @ 1.86ghz. 250gb SATA HDD, I've upgraded the DDR Ram to 4.0gb. Has 2 DVD drives, one is the standard lightscribe type and the other is a pioneer 112 model capable of burning on dual layer discs.

It's running genuine windows Vista 32 bit home Premium, I've installed a genuine version of Windows Office 2007 and Microsofts own malware protection software.

I've completely reset it to it's original setup, wiped all my info and progs, done all the most recent updates (up till Wednesday just gone), so it comes as a fresh install ready to go.

Wasnt going to include mouse/keyboard as mine are a bit 'used'.

I've got some photos I can share of it too, not got round to advertising it anywhere yet, was planning on putting it up for £120 but I'd take £100 plus any postage if required

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.