Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WTD: info and opinions on GTM K3 Rossa
Humbug

posted on 8/1/11 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
WTD: info and opinions on GTM K3 Rossa

As subject - I have seen a few of these occasionally on ebay and I think they look OK and are much more in my price range than a Libra, which I really do like the look of. I am considering giving up the open-air seven lifestyle and going for something with a bit more in the way of creature comforts, while still being interesting.

I think I am right in saying that these all have K series engines? I wouldn't be interested in any mini A series nonsense

Just wondering if anyone on this forum has one and could give an honest view of their qualities or otherwise, what to look out for, etc...

zilspeed

posted on 8/1/11 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Me !

1) Roof has no gutters as standard, needs modified to fit gutters to keep it dry. Use inverted pvc bath seal.
2) Standard handbrake is cack. Modify to use Rover 200 IIRC.
3) Body is more rigid with roof on - that's why I have it on in the pic above.
4) Bleeding the cooling system is tricky, but not impossible.
5) Not huge inside, but I'm 6'2" and fit reasonably well.
4) Traction is mega. My 64ft times were comparable with much more powerful cars. After that, they buggered off.
5) Very sensitive to geometry. Rear toe settings make the car a killer or a pussycat.

That's all I can think of right now.

I recommend the K3 - K for K series, incidentally.

rusty nuts

posted on 8/1/11 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the hijack but I've been looking for a GTM coupe for some time with not a lot of luck , If anyone knows of one going let me know . Thanks in advance
designer

posted on 8/1/11 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
You can buy stick on gutters.

I used some on my Dutton Sierra (YES, I had one) years ago.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Humbug

posted on 8/1/11 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info Zil

There's GTM Coupe Kit Car - Mini Based on eBay (end time 09-Jan-11 17:07:34 GMT) on ebay but it's a mini-based one - not my cup of tea

rusty nuts

posted on 9/1/11 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
I've been watching that one, thanks for the tip anyhow. Mel
gottabedone

posted on 9/1/11 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
I had one as a "daily driver" for 18 months.

One of the first things that I did was sort the wiring as it was shocking! . . . everything worked after that!

I then soundproofed it - bags of insulation stuffed in all of the cavities
Fitted some nice audio

I Pulled the roof off and sealed everything. I didn't have a soft top so spent a fair bit of time on new stick on gutters, window and door seals etc.
I re-carpeted the inside and with my Pug 309 gti seats it was really comfortable.. . . . . oh and this was my daily driver so cutting some sound from the 2" exhaust was a must.

I turned a tired "kit car" into something respectable, but er indoors also needed to be able to drive it (she loved it as well)

Mechanical wise, speed bumps are a challenge, finding wheels is a challenge because of the Metro PCD.

The gearchange is via rods under the engine. This can be made quite tight and accurate with a bit of patience or fit the MGF cable change.
The resistors in the heater (YES i said heater!!!) are well known for failing but you can buy replacements for a couple of quid at Maplins.
You will need 4 wheel alignment.
There have been issues with some of the plastic throttle bodies warping and sticking a bit.

Can't think of anything else at the mo!.........I only got rid of mine because my job changed and meant a 60 mile commute.

Steve

gottabedone

posted on 9/1/11 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
oh and my car was a K3 Rossa the same as Zil's - fotys in my archive

Steve

ken555

posted on 9/1/11 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
GTM Rossa K3 (restored kit) on eBay (end time 31-Jan-11 13:22:29 GMT)

And pistonheads

[Edited on 9-1-11 by ken555]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.