Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Santander grrrr
nick205

posted on 23/2/11 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Santander grrrr

Letter from the bank yesterday stating £1,500 overdraft limit is being reduced to £200, with no reason given. I wouldn't mind, but the only reason the overdraft is on the account is to make sure the mortgage payment clears each month on the 28th as my pay sometimes arrives in the account on the 29th. I might add the Santander have the poxy mortgage as well so it's in their own interest to make sure it's bloody well paid.

After being given the run around on the phone by "Ricky" in Calcutta I got through to someone in the UK and let rip on the following points...

1. Incorrectly addresses letter
2. Incorrect call centre number on the letter
3. No reason given for the reduction
4. Have to visit branch to resolve
5. No feedback loop to the customer on the complaint being raised
6. Sort this out or I will move all 3x current accounts, mortgage, savings account and ISA to another bank

...outcome:

1. Overdraft limit restored with no charges or penalties for using it
2. £40 Ex-Gratia payment into account as a gesture for the hassle

Worth complaining IMHO, that's £40 beer money I didn't have first thing this morning

speedyxjs

posted on 23/2/11 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Result!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

blakep82

posted on 23/2/11 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
if you had your mortgage DD on the 1st of each month, you won't need the overdraft
still, works out good for you getting £40

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

phelpsa

posted on 23/2/11 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
Thats the best experience I've heard anyone have with santander!

Most people I know (my parents included) are still battling to get their money out of there ASAP.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bigbravedave

posted on 23/2/11 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
I took the 100 quid insentive to switch to them,

they messed up one payment, the indian call centre was useless.

Phoned the complaints line, straigh through to a guy a sheffield who sorted it there and then and compensated my irateness.

nick205

posted on 23/2/11 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
if you had your mortgage DD on the 1st of each month, you won't need the overdraft

But...therein lays another tale of woe. You would think changing the payment date by a few days would be simple, but apparently not...according to them!

IanBrace
Builder

Posts 159
Registered 21/5/09
Location Lincoln

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Re-built 1986 O and C Sport and sold it! Now a K s

posted on 23/2/11 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
Well done... About 4 years ago I had a dispute with them which they flatly refused to resolve. At the time I had the proceeds of a house sale in there and when I said I'd close it and go elsewhere their attitude was "OK that's up to you." Instead I moved all the money except £1 in two seperate accounts. Now it costs them more than that per month in letters offering cheap loans, cards and bank statements! Lloyds seemed pleased to have my custom and have continued to be good since..

www.aerialphotography.org.uk

Ivan

posted on 23/2/11 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82

In South Africa you would end up paying a few extra payments if you change your deduction from the end of a month to the start of the next month as an extra months interest accrues each month so beware those sorts of changes.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.