Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: anyone used fiat coupe rear lights
hucky

posted on 26/5/11 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
anyone used fiat coupe rear lights

just recieved some fiat coupe rear lights, and was wondering if anyone has had any iva issues using them?

combined stop and tail in one cluster, indicator and reverse in another on one side and then the other has indicator and rear fog light.

i will have to add a reflective strip to the body but can anyone tell me if their are any issues with them please ?

if they are aloud, has anyone used them and can show me some mounting ideas?

cheers
chris

ashg

posted on 26/5/11 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
should be fine they come off a production car. when i had issues with lighting at iva they advised me to go and find something off a production car.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

RazMan

posted on 26/5/11 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
They look quite neat - just check chapter & verse in the IVA lighting section to be sure of their suitability.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rb968

posted on 26/5/11 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Particularly the requirement for the F marking on the foglight now. I had bought a full set of WIPAC Land rover style lights and had to switch to a square foglight mounted vertically on an L shaped plate as mine had no marking. You may be ok but worth checking.

For the round lights I found some exhaust tube a suitable diameter and cut a wedge to angle the light to vertical. Painted black and a bit of U trim to protect the fibreglass.

Not a great photo but shows before switching to square fog light. (must be on offside btw)
Outside at last
Outside at last

Rich

sebastiaan

posted on 26/5/11 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Donkervoort (used to?) Use them. Have a look at a D8 for inspiration
Humbug

posted on 26/5/11 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
If you've got narrow rear arches you could put them on the rear panel. IIRC the Fiat Coupe lights were set into little cup thingies which might even be angled to suit the back panel?
Promai Joe

posted on 26/5/11 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
there should be nothing wrong, but do check they have the e marking and the f or b for the fog lamp.

I used the biger landrover wipac ones (from "bolt on bits" on ebay) with the surrounds, depending on the diameter these surrounds may fit? CBS now do a led fog lamp that fits these surrounds.

Some kind engineers at work shaped/angled them to aid the vertical requirement for the foglight

sebastiaan

posted on 26/5/11 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Just found a pic of the coupe lights on a Donk. I think it looks really good!

hucky

posted on 26/5/11 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
cheers for the replys everyone... looked at them and they have a marking on them "00 F" ?

think they should be good and sebastiaan, thats just the insperation i needed... thank you

svante

posted on 10/10/12 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Old thread, new post...

I have Fiat Coupe rear lights on my Locost

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.