Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lambda Sensor for Omex
AndyG

posted on 26/5/11 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Lambda Sensor for Omex

Hi

I am just in the process of wiring up my loom for the omex 600 ecu to my zetec engine, however I am struggling with the lambda sensor.

I was going to use my original lambda sensor but this is 4 wire and the connector on the loom is a 3 wire connector, I looked at the ones on Omex and these are about £70 which I wasn't too happy to pay for a lambda sensor therefore I was looking on the bay and I found these lambda sensors

FORD BRAND NEW 3 wire Universal Oxygen O2 Lambda sensor | eBay UK

Will this be sufficient and if so how would I go about wiring it up to the omex connector that I have so that I can attach it to the loom, as I wouldn't know which wire to put where.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

ashg

posted on 26/5/11 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
the forth wire is only a ground so attach it to the point that the ecu is grounded to

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

jeffw

posted on 26/5/11 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
I would have though that you would need a Wide Band Lamda for the Omex (at least to tune it). Narrow Band Lamdas are not suitable.

AndyG

posted on 27/5/11 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
I hadn't even thought of that, I have just bought from omex, will probably best and easiest in the long run.

Thanks

BaileyPerformance

posted on 28/5/11 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyG
Hi

I am just in the process of wiring up my loom for the omex 600 ecu to my zetec engine, however I am struggling with the lambda sensor.

I was going to use my original lambda sensor but this is 4 wire and the connector on the loom is a 3 wire connector, I looked at the ones on Omex and these are about £70 which I wasn't too happy to pay for a lambda sensor therefore I was looking on the bay and I found these lambda sensors

FORD BRAND NEW 3 wire Universal Oxygen O2 Lambda sensor | eBay UK

Will this be sufficient and if so how would I go about wiring it up to the omex connector that I have so that I can attach it to the loom, as I wouldn't know which wire to put where.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

HI,
Just done an OMEX 600 on a red top, used my external wideband for tuning, then plugged up the boss in the exhaust when dyno tuning was completed. There is no need to run the lambda after tuning is completed unless you are running a CAT and need to keep the AFR at 14.7

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AndyG

posted on 31/5/11 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Sorry if its an obvious question but what is the benefit of not running a lambda, as I'm not using a cat, therefore would you just tie up the connector and only use it for tuning.

Also why do you need a wideband sensor for tuning?

Thanks

Strontium Dog

posted on 31/5/11 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
You need a wideband Lambda to give you an accurate AFR reading when setting up the fuelling. You also need an EGT gauge and det cans too.

The stock narrow band lambda is for keeping the fuelling to 14.7 stoich at partial throttle settings on cruise etc. (You can play with AFR for economy and run lean but you need to know what you are doing for this) Without lambda you will get less fuel economy but with your foot down then the ecu will switch to map and not look at the lambda so it only is in use when criusing at small throttle openings.

If you dont tune with a wideband, egt and det cans you wont be able to get anything like the potential from your engine! Or it'll go bang!

AndyG

posted on 31/5/11 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
Does this still apply if you are having the car professionally tuned and what is a det can, and what does it do?

Basically I am hoping to get the car on the rollers in a few weeks, would I need all of this for that or is this more, if you are mapping it yourself.

Also I don't want it being a rough ride a low speeds and I definitely want to get the maximum potential from the engine and it not go bang.

If I do need a wideband with a gauge and det can? is there any that you can recommend that are good value?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.