Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommendation of MS SQL hosting provider
mads

posted on 15/6/11 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Recommendation of MS SQL hosting provider

Hey all,
Could anyone recommend a webhost provider who does MS SQL database? Need to be competitive as its for a work (NHS) thing.

EDIT: forgot to mention that needs to also allow asp and asp.net front end.

Cheers,

mads

[Edited on 15/6/11 by mads]

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

Pdlewis

posted on 15/6/11 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
depends on the scale..

I have been working with windows Azure and its very good for hastle free deployment and management.

If not that I would get a virtual server instance on either Amazon EC2 (We have just deployed an enterprise portal on there) or virtual machine with 1&1 then you have full control over backups etc

Build Photo Album

Updated 05/02/2009

m8kwr

posted on 15/6/11 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
I use this company for a couple of the websites I look after

http://www.eukhost.com/windows-web-hosting.php

I think it is very cheap - does everything you need.

mads

posted on 15/6/11 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pdlewis
depends on the scale..

Its a simple asp front end linked to a MS SQL database. In terms of bandwidth, wont be too heavy usage as not many images to load.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

Colnago_Man

posted on 15/6/11 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried CSC? They have a good reputation for NHS IT work.
Tris

posted on 15/6/11 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
As previous posters have said, it depends on scale.

I work for a ICT Managed Services / hosting company called 2e2. We offer 'N3' network connected back end services (including sql) to many government agencies, including the NHS.

We have our own datacenters in the UK and can provide pretty much anything in the Managed service space, from specific hosted apps, shared infrastructure virtual servers and dedicated servers / internet connectivity.

If its small scale, not business critical (with no requirement for CLAS accreditation or Government Secure Intranet (GSI)) and price critical then there's cheaper options out there. But if its something more then please feel free to get in touch.

Cheers
Tris

mads

posted on 15/6/11 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Colnago_Man - thanks but I think CSC's price will be more than what I am wanting to pay

Tris - thank you. It is a very small scale website and not business critical therefore will look elsewhere. But will bear you in mind for anything else.

Thank you PDlewis and m8kwr for your suggestions - will look at those.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.