Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance - 22yrs Old - 5yrs NCB
evo.rocks

posted on 21/6/11 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Insurance - 22yrs Old - 5yrs NCB

I used to own a MK Indy with a ZX9R engine back when i was 19 and payed £500 for TPFF insurance with no claims on the car.

I am back in the market now for another MK or Westfield - both 900cc bike engines so the insurance costs are identical, now i have 5 years claims to put on the car as i have a company car and no longer have a personnal car.

The cheapest insurance TPFF i can find is £470 with Frank Pickles on a Parts Only cover!!

Does this premium sound about right for this day in age? I have shopped about and its the cheapest i can find!

BigMac

posted on 21/6/11 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'm 22 with a ZX10R Westy as my second car, I have 6 years NCB on my daily with 4 NCB on a second car, but for some reason I was told that NCB didn't apply on their kit policy (?), either way Fully Comprehensive for 6000 miles a year set me back around £590 with Frank Pickles. That said, the insurance on my daily driver (Aygo) has gone up £70 this year, even with shopping around for 3 hours... May be worth trying to play a few companies off one-another, but that sounds fair to me!
Irony

posted on 21/6/11 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
It seems to me that whenever insurance is mentioned there is always someone who says 'yeah well I managed to get my Audi R8 insured for £32 fully comp for a year'. Then when you go to the company they mentioned and put some details in it costs £3494 or something stupid. Some people just lie when putting the details I think.

My insurance went up by about a £100 quid this year despite having more no claims. I asked why and several companies have said insurance has gone up nationwide by 15 - 20%.

hucky

posted on 21/6/11 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
i was paying 850 tpft on an sj i owned. worked out something like 70 a month... renewal come through yesterday at 156 a month. thats more than doubled in my eyes
philfingers

posted on 21/6/11 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
£101FC at 38 with no NCB on 1300XF Phoenix, used them for years, also far cheaper than Flux, Osbournes (do they still exist?) and Footmanjames etc

Glynwood Insurance

Burntwood Branch

7 Bridge Cross Road, Burntwood, Staffs.. WS7 2BU

Tel: 01543 675163 Fax: 01543 675164

matt_gsxr

posted on 21/6/11 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
42y gsxr1100 in a Phoenix with 2gether. £160.

Adding a turbo made it £250, should have made it cheaper for all the miles I am not doing.

Matt

dhutch

posted on 21/6/11 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Im 24, insuring a 1900cvh cvh westfield, 3k miles, £4k agreed value, 5years ncb on another policy.

Was paying about £550 last year i think with sureterm, simluar the year before, very happy.
This year for personal reasons ive moved to footman and the price hasnt changed much.

Daniel

speedyxjs

posted on 21/6/11 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
I almost laughed when i got my renewal a couple of years back for the Jag. Gone from just under £500 to over £1500. Not made any claims etc. The only difference was i was a year older and had 4 yrs no claims rather than 3!

Insurance is a joke atm

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

mcerd1

posted on 21/6/11 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
all the insurance has gone up in the last couple of years

never mind how they rip you off if you don't shop around.....

I got a letter from the AA this year saying something like 'once upon a time you asked us for a quote and are just writing to inform you what our price would be for this year....'

fair enough I thought, they even assumed that I'd kept building my NCD which I have (10 years)
but the car details they had were for my mk1 fiesta 1.1 that I sold in 2003...

.....they wanted £550 for 10k miles on third party only

I currently pay £510, fully comp and protected with 12k on an 1.8 focus thats 3 insurance groups higher!
and I only got that price from tesco by getting them to match my quote from the AA

can someone find any logic in that ?

-

john_p_b

posted on 24/6/11 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
sounds about right to be honest, insurance has gone up roughly 40% from 3 years ago. when i was 25 i insured my indy for £124, 8k agreed value etc, last years renewal at nearly £300 is what made me take it off the road for the year. i turn 30 this september so had a play around with date of birth on some online quotes and it drops right back down once i turn 30 so might actually get to use it again next year!

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

afj

posted on 24/6/11 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
kit car policys are called self canceling policys well thats what adrien flux say, so it does not acrew no claims but it does inclued claims from your other vehicles and also points on yer licence. 32 fully comp on my mk indy r1 with breakdown cover this year is £180 about the same as last year

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.