Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: mot due soon
blakep82

posted on 28/7/11 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
mot due soon

why is it you get a reminder every time your tax is due, even though the dat eis clearly shown on the front of the car, yet you don't get a reminder about your MOT, when if you're anything like me, you don't know where the paperwork is? i know its soon...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mightybubble

posted on 28/7/11 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
i get a reminder every year from MOTEST. cant fault them either.
loggyboy

posted on 28/7/11 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
If you have your V5C but still cant find the MoT cert, you can check online:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/Mot/DG_10020539

steve m

posted on 28/7/11 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
Funny, as we had this discussion at about 0400 at work this morning, as one colleague had been driving for over a month with out an MOT,
COREdevelopments

posted on 28/7/11 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
The clue is in the first part of your sentence, TAX. Mot makes the government no money at all unlike car tax. There is a reminder system that vosa use but it reminds you by text and guess what? It cost about £1.50! It will say on a new MOT certificate. However some garages do their own reminder system to get you back next year.

atb

Rob

pgtips

posted on 28/7/11 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by COREdevelopments
The clue is in the first part of your sentence, TAX. Mot makes the government no money at all unlike car tax. There is a reminder system that vosa use but it reminds you by text and guess what? It cost about £1.50! It will say on a new MOT certificate. However some garages do their own reminder system to get you back next year.

atb

Rob

Yep we send reminders a month before our customers MOT expires..........no no to get them back.....because they will come back anyway......but I feel that is our customer service and our duty to remind them. But still having people ring two days before there MOT expires despite they had our letter

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.