Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2005 MK Indy 2.1 pinto £5250 ono
john_p_b

posted on 8/8/11 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
2005 MK Indy 2.1 pinto £5250 ono

due to having my tin top written off recently it really is time for this to go now.

registered september 2005 and only covered 1300 miles sinse.

built by myself and my father who are both fully qualified and experienced in the motor trade.

passed SVA at the second attempt having only failed the first time due to incorrectly supplied headlights and a little bit of trim around the gear knob.

the car is british racing green with yellow cycle wings and roll bar, bodywork wise it's in good condition with a few little stone chips here and there but i dare say nothing that wouldn't come out with a bit of time spent with some G3. there is also a small chip out of the rear corner of the bonnet, it's not even finger nail sized but still annoying that i did it the day i picked the kit up! there is also a tonneau cover which was custom made and fitted june 2010. (the car hasn't seen the road sinse then!)

mechanically the car is very good, the engine was rebuilt at time of the kit being built, bored to 2.1 with new pistons fitted along with crank being polished and new shells fitted, a stage 1 head was sourced, refreshed including hardened valve seats for unleaded and then all built back up with a kent fr32 cam. a weber dgav 32/36 carb is fitted which was rebuilt summer 2008 by leicester carb centre.
The type 9 gearbox shifts smoothly and a short shift kit will be supplied but isn't fitted. currently a 3.9:1 diff is fitted but a 3.6:1 is also supplied and i'm pretty sure i've got a spare set of driveshafts sat in the shed too.

interior is lined with a set of MK supplied plastic interior panels, a GTS dash which is home to a set of VDO cockpit vision gauges. MK grp seats and fitted with some custom padding.

bad point: the fuel guage doesn't work, i believe this to be the sender at fault as i have checked all the wiring and it's fine, i just make sure i fill the tank up every 100 miles and i've never had a problem. this has been taken into account with pricing the car.

the car will come with a full 12 months mot which will be carried out upon a sale being agreed.

£5250 ono

pm or email j_p_baxter@hotmail.com

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

john_p_b

posted on 14/8/11 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
bttt

will listen to sensible offers, i really have lost any passion i had for cars at the moment so would just like this out of my dads garage now.

built a car, built a home, had a family. lost the family, lost the home, still got the car.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.