Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: EXOCETS 2nd & 3rd at BRANDS
stig mills

posted on 8/9/11 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
EXOCETS 2nd & 3rd at BRANDS

Delighted to report that Jonathon Blake came second and Alec Livesley came 3rd in the Nippon event at Brands Hatch last weekend. There was stiff competition too with some well tuned Jap cars to pass. It was great to watch these little cars zip in and out of the tin tops at Brands but this weekend they will be racing at Croft agianst the more powerfull MK3 MX5's so I wonder if they have met their match!
The Exocet series is now known as MAZDA MX150R and is run by www.ma5daracing.com They will have their own grid next year. Next race after Croft is Mallory the following weekend then Snetterton for the 12 hour endurance on the 12th Novemeber. The full kit inc steel floors and full cage only costs £3000. You then add a 1.8 MK1 MX5.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stig mills

posted on 11/9/11 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Following on from an amazing 2nd and 3rd for Jonathon Blake and Alec Livesley last week at Brands Hatch (Nippon event) they travelled north to Croft this weekend. The race is for MX5 MK3 cars but the Exocets were allowed to enter on special grounds. It was clear from the qualifying times that those who doubted the performance figures we expected must eat some humble pie. The MK3 cars are stripped out and tuned to 180 BHP. The Exocets (MX150R's) are around 140 after a head skim. However the MEV's went so well that the race organisers decided that they should start from the back of the grid and be held for 10 seconds after the green light. What a long 10 seconds that seemed to me, poised with my little video camera. We later checked the on board camera on one car to see an 18 second gap before they were given the green flag. We then witnessed what must have been totally unexpected to everyone. Within 2 laps they had caught the back markers and by the end of the race they finished in an amazing 5th and 6th.
More good news followed too as whilst the noises we heard in the pits were to the effect that these kit cars were no match for the MK3 cars we dicovered after the race that Jonathon recorded the fastest lap time of the race. This suggests that he would have been 1st if he was not delayed somewhat at the start. Alec also achieved very quick lap times, the 2 were separated by only 3 hundreths of a second. Again going to show how close these cars and drivers are matched. The same thing happened on Sundays race too. This time a delay of around 10 seconds seemed to be correctish. Again Jonathon took the fastest lap time with Alec nono seconds behind. Michael Pearson also had a great race and managed to catch and take a few back markers depsite his car being the prototype and somewhat heavier and slightly more tired than the other 2.
Fantastic to watch and a great demonstration of what we have a chieved in a very short time.
Thinking about joining in the fun? Contact www.ma5daracing.com or come to www.mevltd.co.uk for more details of the cars.
Next weekend the 3 cars will be in action again. These hard working/hard driving trio will be at Mallory. I seriously recommend a visit. This time they will be competing against the best Jap cars on the UK circuits. We are not expecting a win due to the 500 bhp some cars in the race will be running but we have already seen them show a clean set of heals to 7 type cars on many occasions as the Exocet corner exit speed are far superior. It will be great to ee them next week as some of the cars they will fly past have far more power but drive the front wheels. How odd is that?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stig mills

posted on 18/9/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Race reporting once again and wearing a big big smile. They socked it to em once again. Finishing 2nd and 3rd in the "up to 550 bhp class" at Mallory today. Brilliant techniques shown once again by Jonathon Blake, Alec Livesley and Michael Pearson in the second race especially as the heavens opend just as they lined up on the grid!
Not expected or we would have switched to wets but the rest of the grid had the same problem too demonsrating how to drive in heavy spray. I even spotted a rainbow as in the picture below, looks like there is gold at the end, in this case an Exocet.
I was delighted to read the lap times and discover Jonathons best to be faster than the fastest Caterham even in the dry Caterham race. I would have expected 7's corner exit speeds to be slower than the Exocets but not to this extent.
Next outing is Pembry. Video to follow I hope.

Read more: http://www.mevowners.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=member&action=display&thread=1329&page=4#ixzz1YKxBQJR3

daniel mason

posted on 18/9/11 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
What caterhams were you racing against? And why were exit speeds superior? Well done on the results by the way

stig mills

posted on 19/9/11 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry I did not explain well. The MEV's were in the Nippon event and came 2nd and third in the super gt class which is up to 550bhp. The Caterhams had their own grids. Loads of them. They were drifting around corners quite often! Not the fastest way to get around but the commentator did say they were mainly novice drivers. Great to watch though!
britishtrident

posted on 19/9/11 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Really bad taste to use that name.
Exocet has really bad memories for a lot ex-mariners both MN and RN

Atlantic Conveyor

[Edited on 19/9/11 by britishtrident]

MikeFellows

posted on 19/9/11 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident

Atlantic Conveyor

lol you do post some nutsack sometimes

Bluemoon

posted on 19/9/11 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exocet
Macbeast

posted on 19/9/11 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Does Stig Mills have a commercial connection with MEV and if so, should he not declare it ?

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

scootz

posted on 19/9/11 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
Does Stig Mills have a commercial connection with MEV and if so, should he not declare it ?

I don't think it's ever been a secret that Stig Mills IS the Mills in Mills Extreme Vehicles (MEV).

It's Evolution Baby!

Macbeast

posted on 19/9/11 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
It was to me. He should declare his interest then so we can weight his news accordingly.

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

britishtrident

posted on 19/9/11 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFellows
quote:

Atlantic Conveyor

Clearly you didn't know anybody on the Atlantic Conveyor or HMS Sheffield.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

chris mason

posted on 19/9/11 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure some of the racing 7's manage mid 1:20's round Croft compared to the Mev Exocets posted time of 1:39.

Looking at the lap times for croft, had Jonathon not being held back on the line it might have been a closer race with the Mx5's, he did finish further behind the leader than he was after he completed the 1st lap, but the traffic could have something to do with that, the lap times may not tell the full story.

Lap times are here for Croft for anyone interested here

Andy D

posted on 20/9/11 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I would have expected 7's corner exit speeds to be slower than the Exocets but not to this extent

That's a funny old statement... can't see it myself.

If you look at the allcomer's results in Chris's post, the Exocet was beaten by a very powerfull Caterham, a not very powerfull 1.6 westy, and a similarly standard 1.8 zetec Ginetta, who incidentally started from the back of the grid.

And, re lap times. Check out NSSCC class D. 1600cc Honda Civic on 1b tyres doing 1-38s... that's ma' boy!

stig mills

posted on 21/9/11 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry if anyone thinks I am hiding behind a AKA. My website gives it all away. We do manufacture the Exocets and the race versions. I do not abuse the system by advertising without paying but I felt like minded people on here would be interested in the racing Exocets. These are known as the MX150R cars. They have their own grid for next year and the racing will be run by www.ma5daracing.com who organise all the MK1 and MK3 MX5 races.
The cars will be matched, and have no fancy expensive cling ons to make them faster. The balance is superb. You are looking at more or less 50% of the weight each end. To compete with a tuned Caterham we produce a light version with TB's producing 175ish bhp. Not sure of the exact weight yet as the first one only came out of thejkig yesterday. It does not use the MX5 subframes to keep weight down, it does use all the other Mazda suspension parts though to keep costs down. This car is designed to compete in the 750MC kit cars series D which is up to 340 bhp per ton. I expect to see some on the grid for that series next year. The first one available to see will be at the Exeter show. We are very keen to help promote kit car racing and that is why we have tried to open doors that kit cars are not normally allowed in such as the Nippon event.
Regards Stuart Mills director of Mills Extreme Vehicles Ltd AKA MEV

Alfa145

posted on 21/9/11 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Atlantic Conveyor

Lol. Lighten up, alot of words offend alot of people, stop being so sensitive!

Americans call Petrol - Gas. Should that be banned in case it offends Jews?

stig mills

posted on 22/9/11 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Many thanks to "sonic7" for doing this video of the Mallory race;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq0y8Z7v-sg

MikeFellows

posted on 22/9/11 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Atlantic Conveyor

Clearly you didn't know anybody on the Atlantic Conveyor or HMS Sheffield.

your right I dont, but like someone else said, most words will offend someone somewhere. You quote the HMS Sheffield and the Atlatic Conveyer - do these same people avoid the Atlantic Ocean and Sheffield or should we rename these as not to offend the people of Argentina?

on another note, Stig Mills I like your product and that you tell us what its up to and how its getting on, but should you not be registered as a trader to help support the site?

Mike

[Edited on 22/9/11 by MikeFellows]

stig mills

posted on 22/9/11 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Good point, I must renew the banner I have been running on here for a few months. It must have ran out as it is not on now.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.