Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Seat Ibiza 1.4 MPI Fuel Filter location?
Irony

posted on 30/9/11 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Seat Ibiza 1.4 MPI Fuel Filter location?

Servicing the SWMBO's SEAT ibiza 1.4MPI CHILL at the moment and after the worst oil filter change I have ever done (I think it was put on by Geoff Capes and tightened by the HULK) I started to look for the fuel filter. I think its on the left side of the engine bay but I can't figure out how to open the plastic box. Or it could be somewhere else? Also I can't even find the cabin pollen filter. I have checked all the likely places to no avail (under the scuttle, passenger footwell). I heard that some model don't have one however. Anyone worked on these little cars? Working on my kitcar is a dream compared to the 1.4MPI engine bay.
T66

posted on 30/9/11 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ive seen fuel filters under the car, mounted near the tank. Or do you def know its in the engine bay

Irony

posted on 30/9/11 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
Ive seen fuel filters under the car, mounted near the tank. Or do you def know its in the engine bay

I know nothing - I did 'expect' it to be under the bonnet however. I might be elsewhere.

T66

posted on 30/9/11 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
try under the car, follow the fuel lines back to the tank - will probably have a plastic cover over it, for you to snap off.

Good luck

sdh2903

posted on 30/9/11 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Most pollen filters are under the scuttle panel near wipers, however I've just done one on our zafira and the glove box and half the pax footwell had to come out just to get access.

Just noticed youve checked these. Google definitly points to the ceiling of the footwell on the passenger side.

Fuel filter is up around the rear beam / tank area.

[Edited on 30/9/11 by sdh2903]

britishtrident

posted on 30/9/11 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
On most recent European cars It will be a Valeo in tank fuel filter, they are usually mounted on the opposite side of the tank from the pump ---- if this is the case leave well alone it will be a big filter designed to last the life of the car and changing could turn into a nightmare job.

[Edited on 30/9/11 by britishtrident]

gregs

posted on 30/9/11 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
all VAGs i've ever worked on have had an in tank filter at the lift pump and a main canister just forward of one or tother rear wheel arch - as described by others, prob got a plastic cover over it.

Note however this is not a 'normal' service item, IMHO unless the car is having problems, i'd leave in place.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.