Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Donnington Kit Car Show 2012
AdrianH

posted on 24/10/11 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
Donnington Kit Car Show 2012

Found this information on the RH forum and though I would post it here.

Looks like the aim is 1st and 2nd september 2012

http://www.doningtonkitcarshow.com/

Adrian

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

coozer

posted on 24/10/11 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
Lets hope the tracks open so we can have a hoon around it

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

kipper

posted on 24/10/11 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
donington

I have emailed them to ask for track action, If everyone emails them we might get to have a blat around.
Denis.

Where did that go?
<<<<

jacko

posted on 24/10/11 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kipper
I have emailed them to ask for track action, If everyone emails them we might get to have a blat around.
Denis.

Hi Dennis And what will you be going on track in ? 3 or 4 whels
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Paul (Notts)

posted on 24/10/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Seems strange to me to put up the website still under construction.

And no mention of this show on the Donnington web site.

Who is organising this show?

Paul:

trextr7monkey

posted on 24/10/11 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Dunno but at least it doesn't look like anyof the kit car press which usually gives these things the kiss of death!
Here's hoping something good comes out of it
atb
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

ChrisLeary

posted on 24/10/11 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
What would be the chances of us getting an LCB stand sorted?

Chris.

coozer

posted on 24/10/11 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisLeary

Chris.

But what do we put on the stand? A load of grinning idiots? I'm in!!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

matt_gsxr

posted on 24/10/11 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisLeary

Chris.

But what do we put on the stand? A load of grinning idiots? I'm in!!

Me too.

AdamCKC

posted on 9/11/11 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
We are delighted to confirm the speculation that it is Complete Kit Car magazine organising the new Donington Kit Car Show (sorry, Mike!) which will take place next year. We have many innovations planned. Our aim is to provide plenty going on to keep the whole family entertained for a full day. This is intended to attract new visitors to kit car shows as well as engaging those die-hards who are show regulars. Obviously it's too early at this stage to be specific, but we'll be making announcements over the coming months.

We have been in the planning stages of this show for months, during which time we've obviously been watching the various forum threads about shows. We obviously have to balance the cost of putting on a show at a prestigious venue like Donington with making it attractive to visitors, but in our opinion this is a risk worth taking with the support of the existing kit car enthusaists. At this early stage, we are open to your ideas which can be sent to us via the link on our website.

One important aspect of the show is that the 750 Motor Club will be holding a race meeting on the two days. The clubs and owners' cars will be parked on the circuit's infield, giving all visitors and excellent vantage point to see the action. This fixture is confirmed by both the 750MC and Donington Park, but may be subject to change if Donington's license for the number of 'noisy' dates is changed by the local authorities.

We're really thrilled to have the opportunity to run a kit car show at such a brilliant venue. Donington Park is at the heart of British motorsport and is the perfect place to stage a dynamic, exciting event. We hope that we are given the opportunity, support and enthusiasm of the whole kit car scene and encourage you to 'think different' with regard to shows to attract more people to our industry.

Adam Wilkins
CKC magazine

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 10/11/11 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
What about camping? If our cars are in the middle can we camp next to them?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Alfa145

posted on 10/11/11 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Hopefully the camping area is away from the show area otherwise you get a huge mass of tents and tin tops mixed up with the show cars making it look more like a campsite than a show and not easy to navigate around for the paying punters.

[Edited on 10/11/11 by Alfa145]

lewis

posted on 10/11/11 at 11:04 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a great idea having a race meet with the show as said above if there is track time for kitcar owners too then would make for a great show!

I am a driving god!..........sort of

adithorp

posted on 10/11/11 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Whats access like between the track center and the exhibition hall? My memory (very poor) is that it's a bit of a trek.

I did a charity event at Donnington a few months ago that had used a sprint circuit set up on the "heritage loop". If track time isn't available could that be done instead?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

AdamCKC

posted on 10/11/11 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
The camping won't be on the infield, but we're currently working on an alternative. Hopefully that will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks and we can announce it then. We're also looking into the 'action' side of things, but we don't want to say anything until things are confirmed.

Any other suggestions... keep them coming!

procomp

posted on 10/11/11 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

RE track time, The loop is used as the collecting area during race days so having that as a track day facility during the weekend would be difficult. However what about a general track day on the Friday organised by Donington themselves. That would allow those who where interested use of the full track.

Cheers Matt

eddie99

posted on 13/11/11 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a brillant idea to do a 750mc race meeting that same weekend. Hopefully Bikesports will be racing otherwise i may have to enter the kitcars in the new seven that weekend
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.