Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vauxhall X20XEV 'Ecotec' - 200bhp engine
DH2

posted on 16/11/11 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Vauxhall X20XEV 'Ecotec' - 200bhp engine

Vauxhall 2 litre X20XEV Ecotec engine - with modifications to produce ~200bhp.

I didn't build the engine (an ex? LCBer did), so cannot directly vouch for the spec, but my understanding of it is as follows:
- 2.0 X20XEV Ecotec block
- VX OPC head, heavily ported by Autocraft SVT.
- Autosprint 276 degree Fast Road/Competition 3500-7500rpm cams (hydraulic).
- VX OPC pistons (pocketed on inlet side).
- C20XE redtop rods (stronger than Ecotec).
- C20XE redtop big end bearing shells.
- QED vernier pulleys.
- QED inlet manifold.
- Weber Alpha Gold throttle bodies & ECU.
- FWD Astra engine loom.
- Manta winged alloy sump for RWD installation.

I don't know much about Vauxhalls, but it is estimated to be producing something like 190-200bhp. It was apparently dynoed at 190ish before the cams were put in. It certainly has alot of grunt, but would probably benefit from a bit of fine tuning, and I think maybe needs the rev limit tweaking in the ECU to get the best out of the cams (I've not revved it beyond 6.5k).

It is mated to a Getrag Manta gearbox (which actually has a lovely shift action!), via a Manta flywheel and clutch which is smaller and lighter as standard than the redtop XE versions, which can also be included in the sale.
There's a prop (Manta gearbox to English axle) and exhaust manifold (needs some attention due to someone doing some horrid welding attempts to fix possible pinholes) that can go with it too.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not too sure what it is worth, but it is not just a standard scrappy XE, and would cost quite a bit of money to build it up from scratch - for example the TBs and ECU alone would cost in excess of £1k.

I'll take £1500 for a quick sale to get it out from under my feet. I think that is a fair price for some good power, it just needs a little loving to get it running sweet. Or I may split if anyone has interest in some specific parts. Or if I'm way out on price, give me a hint!

Buyer collects or I can get it onto a pallet for a courier. Note that I am keeping the small alternator to go onto my new engine, so it is excluded from this sale.

DH2

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

DH2

posted on 28/11/11 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
SOLD

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.