Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Clerk Punches, Knocks Out Armed Robber
Rod Ends

posted on 27/12/11 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Clerk Punches, Knocks Out Armed Robber

Clerk Then Makes Suspect Clean Up His Own Blood

quote:
While they waited for police and paramedics, Mothershead gave the man a roll of power towels,
sprayed the floor with cleaner and told him to clean up his own blood.

SeaBass

posted on 27/12/11 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
In the UK he'd be charged with assault...
T66

posted on 27/12/11 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
I like his style....getting the idiot to walk into his reach. Hes good.

T66

posted on 27/12/11 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass

I doubt he would be, as its reasonable to punch him as he has a gun, if he went on to disarm him then brayed him all over the shop, probably end up with a charge sheet.

He would be in fear of his life (gun) and used as much force as reasonable to protect himself.

You can justify laying hands on someone (an assault) based around self defence and/or preventing crime. Its all about the fine line of how much force you apply. If the guy was peeling spuds and knackers came in with a gun, and he stabbed him, that could be reasonable force. However sitting there at work with a knife in your pocket for self protection wouldnt be reasonable.

However I hear your point, and wouldnt like to push my luck with all the hairy toed sandal wearers we have.

Good vid though !

scootz

posted on 27/12/11 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
And here's a satisfying batman-style baton 'THWACK' from our friends in the Swedish police! Dog handlers don't like it much when you swing an axe at one of their babies!

Linky

PS - As I understand it, the dog was uninjured.

It's Evolution Baby!

T66

posted on 27/12/11 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
The Belgian Malinois hit quite hard - Ps nice thwack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQWskxxLV0

I wouldnt argue with any of them, let alone the dogs.

spiderman

posted on 28/12/11 at 12:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by T66
The Belgian Malinois hit quite hard - Ps nice thwack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQWskxxLV0

I wouldnt argue with any of them, let alone the dogs.

They use these dogs where I work and to watch them training the dogs is truly awesome. They will take down a fit 15 stone hard man in a padded suit even when he is braced and ready for the hit, no problem. I always used to think I would turn out on top if attacked by one dog, but not now.

Spider

Antnicuk

posted on 28/12/11 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

No he would not!

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

David Jenkins

posted on 28/12/11 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spiderman
I always used to think I would turn out on top if attacked by one dog, but not now.

I do wonder what the outcome would be if a big tough man responded to the dog's approach by attacking it, no holds barred? The man would get hurt, but so would the dog, I suspect. I'm sure that many of these dogs win their battles because the man goes into 'victim mode'.

About 30+ years ago a friend of mine was coming home from work on a building site when he saw a pair of dobermans lining up to attack a child. He waded in and kicked the dogs with his big builders boots - one in the chest (broken ribs) and one in the nuts. Both dogs needed veterinary treatment. When the dogs' owner complained to the police they informed him that he (the owner) was to be charged for not keeping dangerous dogs under control. (I don't know what happened to the dogs in the end...)

[Edited on 28/12/11 by David Jenkins]

iank

posted on 28/12/11 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
quote:
Originally posted by spiderman
I always used to think I would turn out on top if attacked by one dog, but not now.

I do wonder what the outcome would be if a big tough man responded to the dog's approach by attacking it, no holds barred? The man would get hurt, but so would the dog, I suspect. I'm sure that many of these dogs win their battles because the man goes into 'victim mode'.

About 30+ years ago a friend of mine was coming home from work on a building site when he saw a pair of dobermans lining up to attack a child. He waded in and kicked the dogs with his big builders boots - one in the chest (broken ribs) and one in the nuts. Both dogs needed veterinary treatment. When the dogs' owner complained to the police they informed him that he (the owner) was to be charged for not keeping dangerous dogs under control. (I don't know what happened to the dogs in the end...)

[Edited on 28/12/11 by David Jenkins]

I suspect if you kicked a police dog hard enough to "win" the fight you might end up falling down some concrete steps fairly soon afterwards while "resisting arrest". The handlers get very attached to their dogs and don't take kindly to people hurting them.

But I agree in principle with your argument, probably depends who gets the first effective hit in like most human to human street fights.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Antnicuk

posted on 28/12/11 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
i have played the role of the 'goon' during a training/public display. I wore the full sleeve gauntlet on my right arm, as all UK police dogs are right arm trained, meaning they only go for the right arm. I then had to run off and keep running, the dog soon caught me up and and within seconds i was on the ground and being dragged along the floor. I dont think i could have attacked the dog if i wanted to. I am 5'11" and 14 stone.

There is a big difference between a trained police dog and a couple of unfriendly guard dogs.

scootz

posted on 28/12/11 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antnicuk
... wore the full sleeve gauntlet on my right arm, as all UK police dogs are right arm trained, meaning they only go for the right arm....

Really? That must be a new thing... or an Engish / Welsh Police thing!

All the dogs I trained alongside attacked the arm that's carrying something, or is first presented to them (the assumption being that the 'weapon' hand will normally be the leading arm). Little point in attacking the right arm if the knife is in the left!

It's Evolution Baby!

iank

posted on 28/12/11 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
i have played the role of the 'goon' during a training/public display. I wore the full sleeve gauntlet on my right arm, as all UK police dogs are right arm trained, meaning they only go for the right arm. I then had to run off and keep running, the dog soon caught me up and and within seconds i was on the ground and being dragged along the floor. I dont think i could have attacked the dog if i wanted to. I am 5'11" and 14 stone.

There is a big difference between a trained police dog and a couple of unfriendly guard dogs.

Think they will always go for the padded sleeve if there's nothing in your other hand - that's how they're trained.

But the key here is the dog got the first hit while you were running with your back to it. You'd lose any fight if you let the other guy jump on you from behind grab an arm and pull hard.

But there are plenty of good reasons why fighting back against police dogs is a dumb idea.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

David Jenkins

posted on 28/12/11 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
I the truth be told... I'd rather not fight any dog! Even a Jack Russell can be a nasty little s*d when roused (they're convinced that they're rottweillers, and nothing will convince them otherwise!)

Antnicuk

posted on 28/12/11 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
That's what I was told by the dog handler as he was strapping the gauntlet to my arm although it was 13 years ago.

Richard Quinn

posted on 28/12/11 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
Dogs have an "instinct" for attacking "prey". The average human is a larger, slower target than the dog and will generally think about what to do before doing it, even if it is the basic decision of "flight or fight". The dog already knows that it is attacking and which body part it is going for. They also get a bit of the red-mist as can be seen in the length of time it takes some of the handlers to get the dogs to release (Although I'm sure that if it was a real criminal and the dog was enjoying themselves it would be a shame to break it up too soon!)
Ninehigh

posted on 30/12/11 at 12:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

No he would not!

Indeed under the "reasonable force" rule if someone's got a gun aimed at you you'd get away with giving them the beating of a lifetime, as long as you're still under threat of giving the walls a new claret and "grey" effect

violentblue

posted on 31/12/11 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
I have Labrador retrievers, and as friendly as they are there have been a few times where I caught them unaware.
When they drop low (ready to leap) ears back and teeth bared while barking. its made me stop and think.
I wrestle with my dogs all the time, and it is clear that even though I can command and overpower them, its only because they let me.

a few pics of my other projects

Ninehigh

posted on 31/12/11 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
That reminds me my brother has a Staff... another Staffie attacked him and locked on.. My brother almost broke his hand punching the **** out of that dog, and his one was bounding about like his normal self (only with half his face flapping about) on the way to the vets... Yeah they can be right tough nuts

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.